Help me go lower!

darreng18.me

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
My budget is about $800-$900, this is what I have selected as of now.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JrVXsZ
I'm going with this ram:
https://www.newegg.com/global/ae/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313778&ignorebbr=1
Pcpartpicker says i wont have any issues with this selection, but if there is something that it missed out on, I'd love to know.
now I know that what I selected is already within my budget. but i have to consider shipping fees as well(International shipping) so I can grab the LG 24MP48HQ-P(23.8in) monitor.
Ive selected that case because it is pretty good for airflow(4 fans total , 2front, 1back, 1up)

Now, this is what is included in INTL shipping(newegg):
CPU
GPU
MOBO
RAM(2X8)DDR4 3000
128GB SSD
PSU
The shipping costs comes up to $72

Total cost of the system:
Parts listed in pcpartpicker + Monitor + Case:
$1100(shipping included)(Monitor+Case bought locally)

Solution
It is usually the case. Older products go out of production to make space for the improvements. Nvidia Volta is awaited in rather second quarter of 2018. lower end cards may follow later.
On the other hand, if the producer can not pump out enough cards for the market, they will have no interest to sell the new ones on a pressured price, or sell the old one cheaper.
Price drops are not caused by in house competition, AMD´s answer is the crucial factor.

darreng18.me

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018

What if i said i can wait till mid May

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018

I would love to tell you that prices will settle. Only, I can not predict the future nor want to mislead you. Supply is low in the field of Memory, VRAM and graphics cards, commercial competition turned into a crazy price inflation race. Building new production facilities takes years. Noone knows.

darreng18.me

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018

Would the release of the GTX 20 series drop the prices?
also would the 20series release anytime btwn q1and q2

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
It is usually the case. Older products go out of production to make space for the improvements. Nvidia Volta is awaited in rather second quarter of 2018. lower end cards may follow later.
On the other hand, if the producer can not pump out enough cards for the market, they will have no interest to sell the new ones on a pressured price, or sell the old one cheaper.
Price drops are not caused by in house competition, AMD´s answer is the crucial factor.

Solution