Help me identify this thinkpad please

Dec 24, 2019
I don't have any other pictures to go off of
xxT1Q7s.jpg

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Looks like a T420, 2nd Gen.

s-l1600.jpg

Difficult to say with 100% certainty, as that chassis has been used countless times - with slight tweaks.

Looks like the trackpad in your picture is thinner... but might just be the angle.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'd stop shy of stating with 100% certainty that it is, but there's a very strong likelihood that's what we're looking at.

Can you provide some context? Where did this picture come from?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If Craigslist, I'd be asking for the full model number & specs.

As for "good", it really depends what you want to use it for, and how much it costs.
A first or second Gen i5 is more than adequate for general browsing, Excel/Word use etc.

Again, depending on the price. Doesn't look like there's much value in them these days..... an i5 or i7 + 4GB and some form of functional HDD..... $50(ish) for functional:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=thinkpad+T410&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

$100 maximum looking for 1080p fortnote think pad

Not going to happen, look up the Fortnite requirements. A basic use system like those ThinkPads will meet the miniumum requirements, which will get you on low settings at 720 for playable frame rates, likely under 60, more like 30. Unless you get lucky in finding something prices low, you need about a $300 used laptop for the game, same thing for a desktop that would have a decent video card. A T420 or 430 would be OK to meet miniumum specs but those are over $100 unless in horrible shape.

Reactions: Barty1884