HELP ME!!! I'm going crazy!!!!

G

Anyone ever hear of this crap?
I have a CD-RW and a DVD on my secondary IDE. When I boot, it detects everything fine.... I even get visual verification that BOTH are detected (during boot). But once I hit Windows, niether are there! What the hell is this??? I thought it was just happening with my KT7... but it's even happening with my old BX mobo. Someone please help me here, Ive checked everything including jumpers and to make sure the cable are facing the wrong way! NOTHING! What the hell is going on here??????? Im not a damn moron..... I've done this a million times and now this??? Someone help me please!

Hpnotyz

G

You propably done this, but have you checked that the hard disk controllers are installed in the system properties (right click on My Computer and choose properties) and they aren't in dos-compatible mode.

Wow, did that make any sense to you :)

I had a similar problem with the CD-ROM when I changed my motherboard.

Windows tried to search for the drivers for the IDE-controllers from the Windows CD, but couldn't because the CD-ROM drive couldn't be used, because the IDE-controller wasn't installed (crazy)!

So I had to boot to dos (and install the dos drivers for the CD-ROM) and copy the contents of the CD to the hard drive and install the drivers from there :O
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by samijarvinen on 02/04/01 06:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>