[SOLVED] Help me i'm stuck on automatic repair and whea uncorrectable error

Feb 11, 2020
My Laptop is MSI GL63-9RC With the following specs
i5-9300h
1050-4gb
256gb ssd
8gb ddr4 2667mhz RAM

so recently i've been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
i tried resetting a few times and now its stuck on Preparing automatic repair , it wont let me boot up to windows , sometimes it will freeze and show the same BSoD over and over , can someone help me out there , i really need my laptop ASAP :<

Solution
Try hard resetting it 3 times in a row. So when it tries to do a startup repair hold down the power button until it turns off. It should come up to a prompt after that for Automatic Repair. Select advanced options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System restore

If you have restore points, restore before a date where you had problems. If this does not work, go back to Automatic Repair > Advanced options > Reset this PC
Choose the option that will allow you to keep existing Documents. This will reinstall windows back to factory for you.

In the off chance this does not work, the image might be corrupted. So you can try to install with a windows 10 boot drive:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If that...
Did you make any changes to your laptop that may have caused that issue?
Reset the BIOS to default settings.
Disable Fast startup
Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
Remove the checkmark from Turn on fast startup (recommended).
Click the Save changes button.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020
I Can't Boot up to safe mode whatsoever , i did set BIOS To default setting , also i didn't overclock anything yet, and yes it means i can't open Control Panel , I've opened the back of my laptop and didn't found anything wrong , i haven't upgraded anything yet

Feb 13, 2020
Try hard resetting it 3 times in a row. So when it tries to do a startup repair hold down the power button until it turns off. It should come up to a prompt after that for Automatic Repair. Select advanced options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System restore

If you have restore points, restore before a date where you had problems. If this does not work, go back to Automatic Repair > Advanced options > Reset this PC
Choose the option that will allow you to keep existing Documents. This will reinstall windows back to factory for you.

In the off chance this does not work, the image might be corrupted. So you can try to install with a windows 10 boot drive:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If that does not work either, then you have a bad hard drive that you need to replace.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS