[SOLVED] Help me in choosing Psu please!

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Hello Folks!
I have a modest setup of Ryzen 3 3300X and a Gigabyte Gtx 1660 super oc 6gb dual fan with B450M A PRO MAX and 8gb of Adata xpg 3000mhz Ram. 1 x 250 SSD and 1 x 500gb Hard Drive.
Anyways, this system is a pre-built by a company in my country and the power supply is manufactured by them which am sure isn't reliable or may cause a problem in the near future. The brand is Aures 500W 75% real efficiency. So, I want to change the power supply and since in my country hardware is so expensive am on a budget and also with few options.
1. Cooler Master MWE 650 Watt Bronze = 115$ (Expensive I know)
Photo4.jpg

2. GOLDEN FIELD 600W +80 GOLD FULL MODULAR = 95$
471748720_01-07-2020_593548.jpg

My other options are:
Thermaltake Smart Rgb 500/600/700W (around 80$)
Thermaltake Litepower 550/650W (around 74$)
RAIDMAX VORTEX 600W RX -600AE-V (80$)
XFX 500W 80 Plus Bronze (80$)
Photo2.jpg

Other options include the same cooler master but gold full modular but more expensive and over my budget.
Any suggestions? Also am using an APC UPS just for when the electricitygoes off cause am afraid that the psu will fail and damage other components.

Last edited:
Solution
I'd say go for Goldenfield, if it's indeed just an OEM version of Kolink Enclave then it's a decent choice for your build, especially for the price.

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Here is some information for you that may help.

A discussion on power supplies (2 years old).
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...t-to-avoid-and-psu-discussion-thread.3212332/
...and the PSU tier list.(new)
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/

I saw that, but according to the discussion and tier lists, I should not be buying any of these xD
which sucks because mine is worse than them all!
Can you recommend the first one for me?

Garbage.

2. GOLDEN FIELD 600W +80 GOLD FULL MODULAR = 95$

Looks good on paper, but nobody really knows much about Golden Field.

My other options are:
Thermaltake Smart Rgb 500/600/700W (around 80$)

Garbage.

Thermaltake Litepower 550/650W (around 74$)

Garbage.

RAIDMAX VORTEX 600W RX -600AE-V (80$)

This might be the best unit? I mean.. I know it's Andyson. Some say it's double forward, but I actually think it might be LLC. Super cheap at $80.

XFX 500W 80 Plus Bronze (80$)

Not terrible. Wonder why it's so cheap. That a new unit?

Reactions: spentshells

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Garbage.

Looks good on paper, but nobody really knows much about Golden Field.

Garbage.

Garbage.

This might be the best unit? I mean.. I know it's Andyson. Some say it's double forward, but I actually think it might be LLC. Super cheap at $80.

Not terrible. Wonder why it's so cheap. That a new unit?
This is the xfx one
Photo2.jpg

And yes it is brand new. Is it a psu that i can rely on?
Also there s the cooler master mwe 80+ gold full modular which i can save for and buy. Should i be getting that? But i know it is overkill for the system.
Thank you for your reply sir!

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
I should not be buying any of these xD
Depends. Cooler Master MWE Bronze or perhaps Raidmax AE-V look better of all these, but for this price ... Are you sure you don't have any better alternatives ? Where are you from ?
Garbage.
It's HEC double forward DC-DC platform (Masterwatt), why ?
No, it's their low-end DF platform, like one in low wattage EVGA BQ but Gold (there are Aerocool KCAS G Gold on the same platform so it's not impossible).

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Depends. Cooler Master MWE Bronze or perhaps Raidmax AE-V look better of all these, but for this price ... Are you sure you don't have any better alternatives ? Where are you from ?

Thank you for your reply! I am from Algeria
I will be writing a full list with the available psus in a moment.
CM MWE 80+ gold ful modular costs 150$!!

es. I know what an XFX XT500 is.

Yes I know, I added the picture so you can confirm it for me.

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
  1. Cooler Master MWE 650 Watt Bronze = 115$
  2. Cooler Master MWE 650 Watt Gold Modular = 150$
  3. XFX 500 W Bronze = 80$
  4. Thermaltake Litepower and Smart Rgb ( I think I should avoid these)
  5. Golden Field ATX-600W Gold = 95$
  6. RAIDMAX VORTEX 800W +80 GOLD = 132$
  7. Cooler Master Mwe white 650W= 106$
  8. Gigabyte B700H : Psu 700W 80+ Bronze = 115$
  9. Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 550W = 115$
  10. Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700 = 118$
  11. RAIDMAX 535W BRONZE SEMI MODULAR = 83$
  12. CORSAIR CV550 80PLUS BRONZE = 110$
  13. FSP HYDRO PRO 600W - BRONZE = 110$
  14. RAIDMAX 735W BRONZE THUNDER RGB = 118$
  15. FSP RAIDER S550 550W 80PLUS SILVER = 120$

These are the possible ones that I can get right now, there others which are extremely expensive for me (ROG STRIX) and others that are so cheap and low quality.
Can you please choose one for my build for price to performance? Am wondering between XFX and Raidmax Semi modular one. But also I want something I can put without any concerns or problems later on. Thank you in advance

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Well, of these options MWE Gold is definitely the best but if you don't plan to upgrade it MWE Bronze should be sufficiently good. Also, there are different Golden Field Gold rated PSUs apparently, could you give a specific model or a picture ?

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Well, of these options MWE Gold is definitely the best but if you don't plan to upgrade it MWE Bronze should be sufficiently good. Also, there are different Golden Field Gold rated PSUs apparently, could you give a specific model or a picture ?
Here are the twopictures provided by the seller:
471748720_01-07-2020_593548.jpg

5EFCA94712CE0.jpg

The gentleman above said that the bronze CM is garbage, do you think it is sufficient for r3 3300x and gtx 1660 super? and is it a good quality one? Thanks again buddy!

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Here are the to pictures provided by the seller:
Fan grille and overall dimensions looks suspiciously similiar to Kolink Enclave, but i can't find anything else on it. Although given that it's Gold rated it's likely is the same platform, which is in fact CM MWE Gold uses too, just produced by different OEM. Maybe it worth a shot ? I dunno. If you can buy it, take some pictures of it's insides through fan and exhaust grilled to confirm that and if that's incorrect - return it ...
Edit: Oh, i've forgot about the elephant in the room. Goldenfield is the OEM for Kolink Enclave, so i think that these similarities aren't random, it is the same platform as in Kolink Enclave / CM MWE Gold, with a room for different components choices obviously but since it's significantly cheaper than alternatives and your rig is rather budget i think it's a safe choice.
The gentleman above said that the bronze CM is garbage
I'm still waiting for answer from the gentleman above but i think he's just confused it with <=550W MWE Bronze which is indeed a group regulated garbage.

Last edited:

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Fan grille and overall dimensions looks suspiciously similiar to Kolink Enclave, but i can't find anything else on it. Although given that it's Gold rated it's likely is the same platform, which is in fact CM MWE Gold uses too, just produced by different OEM. Maybe it worth a shot ? I dunno. If you can buy it, take some pictures of it's insides through fan and exhaust grilled to confirm that and if that's incorrect - return it ...
Edit: Oh, i've forgot about the elephant in the room. Goldenfield is the OEM for Kolink Enclave, so i think that these similarities aren't random, it is the same platform as in Kolink Enclave / CM MWE Gold.

I'm still waiting for answer from the gentleman above but i think he's just confused it with <=550W MWE Bronze which is indeed a group regulated garbage.

For the first suggestion, there s no returning policy from those type of buyers they are absolute <Mod Edit>..
I dunno I don't want to take the risk because I worked hard for the money if you can feel me
I ll wait for JonnyGuru to answer you then I may go for the 650W MWE bronze.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Edit: Oh, i've forgot about the elephant in the room. Goldenfield is the OEM for Kolink Enclave, so i think that these similarities aren't random, it is the same platform as in Kolink Enclave / CM MWE Gold, with a room for different components choices obviously but since it's significantly cheaper than alternatives and your rig is rather budget i think it's a safe choice.

And if it from the Kolink Enclave, does the cheaper components will have any bad effects on my system? As I said I just want to avoid damaging my components and Psu failure.
If not I will just go for the CM MWE bronze one. Thank you for your time!

Edit: Seller contacted me and said there is Corsair CV550w 80+ bronze that is currently available. Is it good?

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
And if it from the Kolink Enclave, does the cheaper components will have any bad effects on my system? As I said I just want to avoid damaging my components and Psu failure.
If not I will just go for the CM MWE bronze one. Thank you for your time!
In case i wasn't clear, CM MWE Gold, Kolink Enclave and it looks like that Goldenfield ATX-600W Gold PSU are practically the same things.
Seller contacted me and said there is Corsair CV550w 80+ bronze that is currently available. Is it good?
No.

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
In case i wasn't clear, CM MWE Gold, Kolink Enclave and it looks like that Goldenfield ATX-600W Gold PSU are practically the same things.

No.

It is actually true, even the package of Kolink Enclave 600w Gold is similiar to the Golden Field one!
NEKL_027_07.jpg

I want to stay away from The Cm Mwe gold one because it has a lot of negative reviews on amazon..
So any final thoughts from you sir?
It is either
Cm Mwe Bronze 650W V2
Golden Field Atx-600W Gold
Or Cm Mwe Gold 650W V2
which one should i pick?

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
I'd say go for Goldenfield, if it's indeed just an OEM version of Kolink Enclave then it's a decent choice for your build, especially for the price.
What if it is not xd?
Would the cm mwe bronze get the job done? Or i should save and go for the gold one.
Because i read some kolink reviews and it is not well recommended by people and some say it uses cheap components. I dunno am really confused now..

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Update: my friend got the golden field psu and his computer wouldn't turn on. Turns out that it probably was DAO.
For me, I ordered the Gold Mwe psu. Will update once i get my hands on it in the next days.

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
UPDATE:
My friend bought the GOLDENFIELD ATX-600W GOLD (the one that I talked about in this post). When he installed it, smokes came out of his pc, it fried his hard drives and pc fans ( luckily his cpu, gpu, and motherboard are ok). He switched back to his older psu.
Anyways, no one buys this psu if found anywhere.

UPDATE:
My friend bought the GOLDENFIELD ATX-600W GOLD (the one that I talked about in this post). When he installed it, smokes came out of his pc, it fried his hard drives and pc fans ( luckily his cpu, gpu, and motherboard are ok). He switched back to his older psu.
Anyways, no one buys this psu if found anywhere.

He should have only used the cables that came with the Golden Field.

Sounds like he used a modular cable from his old or a different PSU.