Help me - Install windows 7 error at partition step

YpayZdotCom

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hello there,

My name is I. C. Daniel and I'm glad I found you.

I have a new PC and I want install Windows 7, I do some steps and when I need to create partition I create them and I choose one and when I click Next button I receive this message:

´´Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log files for more information.´´

What is the problem and how can I solve it?

My pc:
Intel Core i5 3570, 3.4000 MHz 6 MB Socket
Gigabyte B75M-HD3, socket 1155
Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA3
Source Sirtec 500W
Kingston 4GB 1600 MHz DD3

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Generally, when I am creating a new install, I start with one drive in the system, boot from the USB/DVD, remove all partitions, then create a new one. Windows should automatically create the system partition, and continue.

A standard 1TB Seagate drive shouldn't have any strange partitions on the drive, so if you can't create the partitions, there may be an issues with recognizing the hard drive - either the motherboard and/or the hard drive.
It is trying to create a hidden (100MB) system partition. If you allocate all the drive with partitions, it can't create it. The fix is to create 1 Windows partition(leaving the rest of the drive unallocated), and then install Windows. You can then go into disk management and create any new partitions with the space left on the drive.

YpayZdotCom

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Everything is new dear friend. When I start PC he automatic load windows files and all stop when I need to click Next after creating partition.

And Yes I can create partition if I want by clicking ''Advance'' I think it's the name of that button.

YpayZdotCom

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013

Helo, I'm afraid I don't have such, the windows 7 is from a friend of mine installed on a stick, not CD.

I'd like to apologise for my late response, I remain for more than 10 hours without electric power.

Generally, when I am creating a new install, I start with one drive in the system, boot from the USB/DVD, remove all partitions, then create a new one. Windows should automatically create the system partition, and continue.

A standard 1TB Seagate drive shouldn't have any strange partitions on the drive, so if you can't create the partitions, there may be an issues with recognizing the hard drive - either the motherboard and/or the hard drive.

Solution

kodiak77

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016