help me locked out of os and cannot workout how to format

oliver

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2003

help me please
about 1 month ago I downloaded an up date from ms to get
rid of an irritating worm then was told to clean install
my os (windows 2000 pro).
so being a good man did as recommended
did this then now have 2 copies of 200 pro on pc and am
locked out of old one which still contains programs I
would like to use
when i try to install them on the new os which I have
access to it will not allow me
help help help
please
oli

Hi Oliver ,

I found the following KB that talks about ur prb :

Your Windows 2000-based computer stops responding, you cannot log on to
Windows, or your CPU usage for the System process approaches 100 percent :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;841382

And regarding the software installation prb on the second instance of the
2000 pro may be because u installed it on the same partition and / or
folder.
pls chkout . If u can give more details on partitions , and on which
partition u have installed each instance it will be easy for everyone to
trouble shoot.

Regards,
Venkat.