Help me! My Keyboard is totally messed up!!

cr3flo

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
I don't know how it happened, but I was cleaning my keyboard after I spilled tea on it and hit some random keys and now my control button puts my computer into standby mode. My backspace key does not work and my plus and minus buttons do not work either. I think I remapped some keys somehow during the cleaning process and was wondering if anyone knew how to set everything back to default. Thanks

btw, it's a pain to have to highlight typing errors with mouse and cut it out of the text instead of being able to use backspace or delete lol.

You didn't remap anything... you shorted the connections with the liquid. You can try completely disassembling the keyboard, cleaning the mylar sheet thoroughly and letting it dry completely. You'll be able to see the traces clearly once the sheet is exposed. If you notice any that are burned out, you can use a pencil to repair it. If you don't feel like doing any of this, then the easiest fix is to replace the keyboard.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

Lol, I did that too yestersday. Ruined my Apple Keyboard. Now, its getting a tan!