Help me OC my 8700k properly!

qwiksilvertrav

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
Can see my system in user profile.

So I followed this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rY4TrcDXg

Didn't work out to well. First I did a benchmark test with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and got a bench mark of 2338 Marks.

I then followed this guide to OC via the motherboard. Upon reboot it crashed hard. I reverted the OC and voltage back to stock and kept my RAM clocked to the 3000mhz (profile 1 on the MB). Problem is I changed so much that I'm not sure I got all the settings back to default. When I reverted to stock (or so I think) I ran another bench mark only got 2088 marks which was worse than my original stock benchmark??
I then used the Intel OC tuning tool instead and OC'd to 4.7 ghz. I then got a score of 2530 marks.

What I want to do is reset the BIOS and go completely back to stock numbers CPU wise. I want to hit that 2338 on stock numbers and work from there. I feel I changed something that's getting me less performance on stock numbers!
Just looking for advice on how to to squeeze the most out of my 8700k. During the bench mark I'm only hitting 60c...so it seems I'm leaving a lot on the table.

I found nothing relating to your specific specs in your profile so list your specs in detail including brand, model #s etc. and your OP/SYS as well?

qwiksilvertrav

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012

No problem. Here's the sytem:
Intel 8700k
Coolermaster HAF XB (front - Dual 140mm Fans + Radiator pull, Top - 200mm Exhaust fan, Rear - 1 120mm + 2 80mm exhaust fans)
NZXT X52 Kraken AIO Liquid Cooler
Aorus z390 MB Rev 1.0
2X SLI EVGA GTX 970 SSC ATX 2.0 OC'd to 1617 mhz with MSI Afterburner
EVGA G3 1000w PSU
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
Windows 10 pro

I feel i want to reset my BIOS and just start from scratch. I currently am running with the CPU OC'd with Intel Xtreme at 4.7 ghz with everything stable. But the marks are disappointing as mentioned in my previous post. I want to get to the Stock 2338 mark and then OC the best most effective way possible after that. I feel I can get more than the 2530 marks.
When I currently run bench marks I see low 70's for a temp. Even my video cards only hit mid 70's but I find if I OC them over what they're at they crash. :(

TRENDING THREADS