Help me on how to install a graphics card With power Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello Everybody, Can someone please help me on how to Install A graphics card Correct me if im wrong: First unistall all drivers of your own graphics card (Someone help me on that one)--- than Open your computer and pull out the old one and put your new one in Put it all back together turn on and install new drivers from website)

Is that right and also there is Extra power connectors or something on my graphics card how do i plug them all in Please help me Please

Thank you.

Solution

Hey did you get your problem solved? I was looking at all the answers and they were all very good. I hope all of us here was able to help you. Good luck and have a good time...

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz 7.3 5.5
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 7.5
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5570 5.5
Gaming graphics 2539 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6
Primary hard disk 846GB Free (931GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Professional

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model H55M-S2V
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB
Disk partition (C:) 846 GB Free (931 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5570
Total available graphics memory 2539 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1515 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.920.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1360x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Notes

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.

( And the graphics card i am going to get is Geforce Gtx 560 ti Frostr II OC or what ever :)

And btw It says In here i have directx 10 --- But in DXDIAG i have directX 11 I dont get it? Help please And thank you for replying

This is the graphics card here: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-PCI-Express-TWIN-FROZR-II/dp/B004JLNZXU/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326771122&sr=8-1-fkmr1

tell me if it's good Thanks again

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello I just opened my computer up and all i could see coming out of my power supply was loads of all sorts of colour cords and there was white tips and i only had 1! with 6 holes in it the rest were Long 4 hole ones Please Reply fast is this what i need to get this baby working: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-PCI-Express-TWIN-FROZR-II/dp/B004JLNZXU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1326774153&sr=8-7

and if you look at that card in one of the pics it shows 2 slots with 6 pins i only have 1 white tip 6 pins does that make it so i can't use it now :(

Thank you so much. :)

DM186

Splendid
on your card do you see on the back of it not where you plug in the monitor at the other end you should see where that plugs into as long as your 6 pin connecter is 3 on top of 3 example. If so see if it will plug on the card unless It takes two 4 pin conneters The 4 pin look like the 6 pin but only have 2 on 2 and not in a rowe Like this. . . . . As long as you have the power off then try to plug It in, If they don't want to donot force them.
V V
. . . . .
. . . . .

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
My Power Supply is 680 Watts

And also The card shows in the Picture (PS i dont have the card yet im still waiting To get it) and yer the card shows in the picture Theres

2 Slots both of them have 6 like this:
(...) (...)
(...) (...)

and i looked and in my power supply i only have 1 cord of the 6 pin

SO if i only plug 1 into the thing will it still work or do i have to have 2 in

Please Reply and thanks

HERE IS A BETTER LINK TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT SO YOU CAN SEE THE POWER CONNECTORS: http://au.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Ti-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.html

DM186

Splendid
you are saying the 6 pin is 6 pinholes on one row or are they 3 on the top row and 3 on the bottom row it is very inportant they can't be in a strait line. In one of the links it shows a pic of the 6 pin connecter. In that pic the second one after the star trek guy the black end part that is what it is suppose to look like not the two white ends

Never mind you got it

vegettonox

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
I think this might help you a bit, here is a site with information on all of the common connectors associated with power supplies, http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

You require two of these particular type of connectors http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress Since your power supply only has one of these connectors your video card may have come with adapters or you can buy them. This adapter is the second image on the link directly above, it converts 2 of the normal molex 4 pin plugs into a 6 pin pci express connector.

If you did not receive any of these adapters with your card or your power supply does not have this connector you will need an adapter, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812887001

Simply connect the single pci express 6 pin connector to your video card and get an adapter to power the second connector, you will NEED both.

In reference to drivers, simply uninstall them all and install the most updated ones from nvidia.com for your card and operating system.

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

OK 1. how do i find out what my Modular PSU is and where to look

2. I only have 1 White tip Connector thing and its 3 holes up top and 3 holes on bottom ok 3 top 3 bottom

so my question is, is the graphics card im buying shows 2 of those 3 top 3 bottom Connectors on the graphics card i only have 1 Connector in my Computer so if i plug that in will it still work? or do i have to have 2 of them

Thank you all for helping and replying.

also My 3 top 3 bottom Connector which makes it 6 pins I only have 1 but do i plug that into it am i talking about the right thing cause its white and Veggetonox gove me a link that shows Black ones? please now im starting to get confused and worried

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

hello, umm all i have is (1) 6 pin white connector

And My Cables are in a bundle but they go into my Power supply so i didn't see any plugs for them too....

Would it be easier if i just went for a graphics card with only 1 6 pin connector and would my computer run it?

Even know i would've loved to play BF3 in ultra and crysis 2 in ultra :( looks like this isn't going to work

Thank you for replying Reply please again.

(!!!! im going to open my pc up one more time to take a look for the Modular PSU stuff Brb Reply

subrata4web

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
MSI also supply a external 6pin connector with their 560TI gpu
powercable.jpg
you can use this.

blackwint3r3

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Ok everyone i have Opened My Computer And i didnt see anything that you can unplug of the Power supply as all the cords go into the circle inside of it and this is what it is and says:

Model atx 680 Watts

680 watts max. power supply pentium 4

ac input 230v 50hz 5a

warning Do not remove the cover under any circumstances no services or components inside!

also look my model up and thats about it so If i do get the External Power cable where would i plug it into ?

there is a bit more information on the output but i couldn't be bothered writing it down.

DM186

Splendid

Hey did you get your problem solved? I was looking at all the answers and they were all very good. I hope all of us here was able to help you. Good luck and have a good time playing on your new card when it gets to you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS