Question Help me out here I cant seem to figure out what’s wrong with my PC?

MutualBenefits

Reputable
Dec 31, 2019
So, I’ve decided to change my motherboard and PSU after a defective Asus Strix RTX 3070 I was scammed into purchasing from Craigslist blew out my old PSU. I’ve changed my PSU and motherboard in my build though I’m having a issue I can’t figure out. When I rebuilt the pc over, the CPU fan and GPU fan run when I power on the system though the case fans and PSU spin then stop (power button doesn’t shut of pc)… (I’m unable to check bios due due to nothing being displayed on my 4K TCL smart tv)…

Ryzen 9 5950x
128GB DDR4 @ 3600mhz via 32GB * 4 Ram Kit (Sticker by CPU ends with 0305, I’m guessing that’s the Bios)
Asus Tuf Gaming x570 Pro Wi-Fi 2 Mobo
Radeon VII
512GB SSD + 1TB SSD + 12GB HDD
Corsair Rx1000mx PSU
Fractal Design Focus G Case (3 preinstalled fans are in the case itself)

MutualBenefits

Reputable
Dec 31, 2019
When PSU goes it can take loads of things with it.

Do you happen to have any other zen CPU and RAM you can test with?

I don't have any other equipment to test it with, the GPU RGB lights up, mobo RGB lights up, cpu fan spins and GPU fan spins. It's just that the case and psu fans start to spin the turn off after a few seconds. The PSU was purchased from best buy replacing my old silver stone 1200w PSU that had it led always showing red..

Should I exchange the Mobo to Amazon then?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I just looked and the BIOS version 0305 is good for all CPU the mobo is compatible with, so that isn't the issue.

In a case like this it might be worthwhile to find a hobbyist or shop in your area that has a platform they can test your components in.

I don't have any other equipment to test it with, the GPU RGB lights up, mobo RGB lights up, cpu fan spins and GPU fan spins. It's just that the case and psu fans start to spin the turn off after a few seconds. The PSU was purchased from best buy replacing my old silver stone 1200w PSU that had it led always showing red..

Should I exchange the Mobo to Amazon then?
It could depend on how the control curves for those fans are set. When you first start your equipment everything is at room temperature. Those fans may not be set to start spinning up until your equipment temperatures increase to certain levels. You should examine the fan curves in the bios to see what they are set at.