help me out with gpu

rocky rulz

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
my device is hp compaq 6200 pro mt pc with 320 watt psu n i'll upgrade that to 550
n has 1 pci x16(2.0) slot

my pc's bios version is Hewlett Packard J01 v2.01, 4/6/2011 n smbios is 2.7

i dont know its uefi or legacy???

which msi graphics card of 600 and 700 series is compatible with my device?????

Solution
The motherboard is not the issue.
A graphics card will fit in a x16 slot which is of standard length. There is no problem if it extends long past the motherboard. Measure how much room you have from the rear exit of the graphics card to the first obstruction. The EVGA unit is 6.7" long according to the specs. Cards do not really come shorter.

Darthjonathan12

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
As long as it is a graphics card that can work in micro-tower cases you can put it in. An MSI GT730 would fit, however it is not recommended. I would honestly save up and start from scratch. I looked up the specs of your HP and it comes in a lot of variations, so if it is running an i5 or i7 then maybe you should keep it but if you are running that then this GPU will do pretty much nothing. You could look for a regular sized case to move the components over to if this is the case. If you are running a Celeron or a pentium then you should definitely start from scratch.

Not to worry.

The bios version should be irrelevant.
Do not try to upgrade the bios unless it fixes a problem that is important to you.
A failed bios update can destroy your motherboard.

Modern graphics cards may be using pcie 3.0, but they are both forward and backward compatible with pcieX16
1/2/3 slots. And... there is no performance impact.

The motherboard is not the issue.
A graphics card will fit in a x16 slot which is of standard length. There is no problem if it extends long past the motherboard. Measure how much room you have from the rear exit of the graphics card to the first obstruction. The EVGA unit is 6.7" long according to the specs. Cards do not really come shorter.

Solution

rocky rulz

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
but whn i posted in hp's official support forums about msi gtx 750 ti
thn i got reply as:

there is a BIOS incompatibility to worry about. The 750 ti requires a UEFI BIOS, which HP computers didn't come with until models released starting in the fall of 2012.

You would need to get a version of the card that has a hybrid BIOS or legacy BIOS feature, which I believe MSI does make.

is dat same for gtx 750!!!!!!