[SOLVED] Help me pick a 34 inch monitor

Apr 22, 2020
Hi everybody. I recently bought two 27 inch monitors with the help of this forum, but have since realized that I would benefit from having two 34 inch one (I trade stocks on them).

I've been looking at some LG ones:
https://www.amazon.ca/LG-34WK500-P-...ld=1&keywords=LG+34UM68&qid=1598613574&sr=8-3

In terms of price, I'd prefer not to spend much above $500, but I am somewhat flexible there. I don't think that they need built in speakers, as I'm planning on keeping one of the old ones that has a speaker and attaching it to a column next to my desk.

The ones I have right now are NOT adjustable. This really bothered me at first, but I've sort of gotten used to it. Right now, my eyes are 3-4 inches above the top of my screen, so I would love it if the new monitors were either adjustable or just came with a taller stand. Quality really matters as I do look at the screens for about 10-12 hours a day. I like the borderless design of the ones I have right now, but it seems like that's a bit tougher to find for the big ones.

Thank you so much in advance for your help. I'm not very good at knowing the difference between monitors, so I'm super appreciative of having access to your knowledge!

Solution
My son bought that particular unit, or, at least one similar.
It was very nice. you could fit two full web pages on it side by side.
What kind of graphic card or adapter do you have?
For running at 60hz, you will likely need two displayport connectors.

I think, you might do better with a single large 4k
Monitor.
I use a 40" philips.
They now have a 43" version which also has speakers if you need them.
https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-BDM43...1598651352&sprefix=philips+43",aps,170&sr=8-1

As little as a GTX750ti will drive that unit at 4k/60hz.
Apr 22, 2020

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
I agree with DeauteratedDog 27inch 1080p is the max i would recommend. After that i would recommend 1440p. AOC is doing a good job recently, check out this 34".

AOC CU34G2X/BK

Edited:
There are no non-wide screen around 34" there are some that are 32" tough.

Apr 22, 2020
I agree with DeauteratedDog 27inch 1080p is the max i would recommend. After that i would recommend 1440p. AOC is doing a good job recently, check out this 34".

AOC CU34G2X/BK

Edited:
There are no non-wide screen around 34" there are some that are 32" tough.

I like it and I'm ok with the price, but I don't love the fact that it's curved. I find that two straight screens beside each other just work better for me. Can you recommend some that aren't curved?

I found this one just now, what do you think?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08BCR1SJS...psc=1&ascsubtag=cbq-ca-3772514984070745600-20

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
This is a bussiness monitor that can easely be seen since it's focussed on resolution and comfort 10bit color.

But only 60Hz and the response time is not listed on the manufactures website. If you are looking for low repsonse rate high refresh rate gaming monitor this is not for you but if you like a sharp image and good looking colors this is definetly your monitor.

Apr 22, 2020
This is a bussiness monitor that can easely be seen since it's focussed on resolution and comfort 10bit color.

But only 60Hz and the response time is not listed on the manufactures website. If you are looking for low repsonse rate high refresh rate gaming monitor this is not for you but if you like a sharp image and good looking colors this is definetly your monitor.

I don't game too much, but when I do it's usually indie games with lower graphics requirements. See, to me, 'sharp image and good looking colours' sounds like it would be a good gaming monitor too (of course, I know nothing about monitors). Can you explain to me why it wouldn't be a good gaming monitor?

I just checked and the LG one is actually adjustable too (the amazon website didn't specify that). Would you recommend the LG one over the Viewsonic?

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
I never said i twould be not such a good gaming monitor it comes down to preference. I f you like something like csgo good refresh rate and low latency is the best but for indy games resolution and color is alot better looking. Just look if your pc can handle the resolution.

Apr 22, 2020
I never said i twould be not such a good gaming monitor it comes down to preference. I f you like something like csgo good refresh rate and low latency is the best but for indy games resolution and color is alot better looking. Just look if your pc can handle the resolution.

If you had to pick between those two though, which one would you choose?

My son bought that particular unit, or, at least one similar.
It was very nice. you could fit two full web pages on it side by side.
What kind of graphic card or adapter do you have?
For running at 60hz, you will likely need two displayport connectors.

I think, you might do better with a single large 4k
Monitor.
I use a 40" philips.
They now have a 43" version which also has speakers if you need them.
https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-BDM43...1598651352&sprefix=philips+43",aps,170&sr=8-1

As little as a GTX750ti will drive that unit at 4k/60hz.

Solution