[SOLVED] Help me please (BSOD)

Aug 10, 2020
So I just built a brand new pc. I've built my other 2 pc's in the past and never had these issues.
The very first time i tried installing windows, it wouldnt let me, it just kept booting back to the install "page" and didnt actually install windows. after some time, it finally installed windows. BUT, after that. I started getting multiple BSOD's
"system service exception error "
"IRQL not less or equal"
"Kernel security check error"
"attempted to read write only memory"

^^^^NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER^^^^

All happening at random times. I havent even been able to download any games or anything..
I reseated my ram in different slots. 1&3 - 2&4
I unplugged and plugged back in my HDD, I got ANOTHER brand new SSD today and tried installing windows on that to no avail.
My bios is completely up to date.
When I had windows loaded, I had all windows updates up to date. I had all the proper drivers for everything.
I installed windows via USB
I triple checked to make sure everything is properly plugged in & did a thorough air dusting of every component.

SPECS:
Win 10
GPU: gtx 1060 6gb
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6 core 12 thread
MOBO: TUF B450-Plus Gaming
PSU: 750 GA super nova
RAM: Patriot viper DDR4 2666mhz 2x16gb

Last edited:
Solution
also, How do i share my memory dmp. file with yall?
On a file sharing site of your choice. Like google drive. However we jsut need the minidump, not a full memory dump file.
sorry, Yes the same physical pack. Brand new.
& windows media creation tool.
I started getting BSODS AS I was installing windows(prior to driver updates) , and after windows was installed, & post driver updates.
Could well be a hardware issue then. Does the issue still occur in safe mode?

I'd possibly consider running Memtest: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-passmark-memtest86.24300/ as that can be done fairly easily before booting. but could theoretically be anything.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Aug 10, 2020
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Please see this link for configuring minidumps so you can share them with us: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

Just confirming this wasn't due to the boot priority order on installation?

What RAM model(s) have you got?
What tool did you use to install windows?
I have patriot viper DDR4 2666mhz 2x16gb
& Right now I have it only booting from my SSD which I just purchased.
I used a bootable usb

Aug 10, 2020
From the same physical pack or bought from two separate packs?

Yes but what tool? latest Windows Media Creation or a third party one?

Did the issues literally occur as soon as you installed windows? Even prior to any driver updates?
I started getting BSODS AS I was installing windows(prior to driver updates) , and after windows was installed, & post driver updates.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
also, How do i share my memory dmp. file with yall?
On a file sharing site of your choice. Like google drive. However we jsut need the minidump, not a full memory dump file.

I'd possibly consider running Memtest: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-passmark-memtest86.24300/ as that can be done fairly easily before booting. but could theoretically be anything.

Solution
Aug 10, 2020

I havent tried running in safe mode for a long amount of time. But I'll give it a go, as well as running the mem test. I'll try and have the mini dump shared soon. I'm also going to just go to best buy real quick and get another set of different ram and see if the issues persist.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Your problem is the RAM if you get IRQ LESS NOR EQUAL BSOD. If it is the CPU it will give a plain jane BSOD with most probably a countdown to reset the computer. Make sure to go to BIOS and set your RAM settings manually. So set the speed of the RAM Kit the voltage and the timings and I think you should be good to go. It is def not the PSU or GPU or CPU I can stress that multiple times to you. Good Luck 😏

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Unfortunately neither of these are correct and there is no "plain" BSOD.

IRQL can come from a variety of things, yes RAM included, but can often just come from a driver accessing IRQL at too high a level. But it is worth noting most IRQL stop codes are not RAM hardware faults.
Im sorry you are right CPU can cause IRQ LESS OR EQUAL as well my brain was somewhere else, my apologies to you PC Tailor. It is a tough one we always don't want it to be the CPU and want it to be the RAM that is at fault since it is a easy fix. I guess he can go to BIOS and set to defaults or something like that as there is not much he can do on the software side of things. Also that program you said your friend had you install that updates drivers is sounding suspect. Perhaps you have in proper conflicting drivers. I think PC Tailor can agree it is not the GPU as those don't give a BSOD rather they just freeze the game or give artifacts or give a blank screen. I hope it is the RAM. The PSU is Corsair which is a good thing and if its 80+ Bronze it should be fine and Im sure the ampage on the 12v rail is enough to power you up. Im pointing my finger at the RAM but don't quote me on it. :cautious: