Help me please hard drive is gone

Sep 13, 2018
today my computer stucked and then he rebooted and when he got up it was strange he gave me a Error massage about Hard drive E and most of my files on desktop was gone though i can get to some app through searching at start menu,
when i tried to create a partition on disk mangement it wont let me and i cant download files from the internet either its saying there is a error in the downloading,
it wont showing D: Drive anymore at this computer and i litterly cant access it anyway
can somone help me?
btw i have windows 7

Solution
First guess is lost partition recovery. You didn't format so that isn't relevant. You may not be able to recover your data. It may be a cry and move on situation. Learn from it. That is what backups are for.

kanewolf

Titan
This is a lesson in having backups. Disk drives fail. Any important files should have multiple copies.

BUT, check the physical connectivity. Data and power. Does the disk show up in the BIOS? If not, then it may be time to get a new disk and move on.

Sep 13, 2018
is it failuire of the disk? i pretty sure i backed him up where do i find it? i think he is physical connected right cause he is showing on the computer and i think he is showing in the bios

kanewolf

Titan
It is quite possibly a failure of the disk drive. But it could be corruption of the file system. I would check the SMART status with CrystalDiskInfo. If the SMART status is OK, then it may have to be reformatted to be usable.

If there is data you HAVE to have you could try Recuva to recover the data.

kanewolf

Titan
OK... Old 250GB disk with a lot of hours on it. BUT, no SMART errors. The drive doesn't think there is any physical problems. So it could be a corrupted file system.

You said you had problems loading Recuva. If you really need data off that drive, it is probably your best option. It may be that you need to pull the drive and use a USB adapter with a healthy computer to get the data off.

As old, slow and small as that disk is, unless there is something irriplacable on it, I would replace it.

Sep 13, 2018
thank you so that mean the disk died litterly right? if i replace him ill replace my computer as well he is old as the hard disk i running recuva so i hope it will help me

kanewolf

Titan

No. You could try reformatting it. But with 87K hours and a 250GB capacity, It COULD fail at any time.

I think you would be AMAZED at the performance improvement a new PC will give you.

Sep 13, 2018
what should i choose from the options? and this massage been loading and serching for hours what should i do?
imgur:https://imgur.com/a/h6I6wPl
i planning on buying new pc though i have other one in the house so i know a lil bit about preformance