Help me please!!! overclocking or hyperthreading????

gopinath34

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
I'm here again with a question for my first build, I'll be completing my degree in a month and I want to become an ethical hacker. I'm building a computer to learn and practice hacking so I'll have to run all types of pen-testing tools. That's being the case, what type of processor should I get for my computer the one with max clock speed like i5&i7 k series(overclocking capability) or the one with good hyperthreading function(Xeon series).
So overclocking cpu or hyperthreading cpu??
Solely my computer is only for professional penetration testing..,so which one should I get??

Solution

+1. The Xeon will do nicely. It's designed for servers and heavy multi-tasking which will simulate nicely for penetration testing. That said I don't think any specific CPU is better or worse when it comes to hacking. A good hacker can infiltrate a PC with any kind of hardware. Trying to hack a machine with specific hardware won't necessarily be of much use to anyone.

Powerbolt

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

+1. The Xeon will do nicely. It's designed for servers and heavy multi-tasking which will simulate nicely for penetration testing. That said I don't think any specific CPU is better or worse when it comes to hacking. A good hacker can infiltrate a PC with any kind of hardware. Trying to hack a machine with specific hardware won't necessarily be of much use to anyone.

Solution