Help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooboo357

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
I am trying to find out if there is a way I can get on the internet without using my wireless router and WiFi. I'm female. I don't know a lot about this but I'm SICK to DEATH OF GETTING HACKED and HIJACKED! EVERY TIME I CHANGE OR SWITCH something THE FOOL FINDS ME AGAIN! I REFUSE TO GIVE HIM A PENNY even though he hasnt asked. Can I get online for a little while on my new computer another way?? Is there such a thing as a HACK FREE ROUTER AND INTERNET OR WIFI????!!! LOL Just kidding. He hacks through McAfee, Defender and Norton. I don't know what else to do! I need my internet to converse with my Publisher and Editor. Thanks so much! (for the record, if I ever get to a Singapore I'm gonna kill his sling!)

Solution
There are such things as safe routers in networks - 99% have folks have one. Turn yours off at the mains electric point next time you're going to be for an hour or so. When you get home, pull the telephone lead from it and turn the power back on.

It's now isolated from the Net but you cn still work on its settings to increase your protection. On your Windows machine, press the Windows key and R at the same time. A Run box pops up and into thet, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
then hit your Enter key.

A black form has shown up with a load of white print. Find the line that says Default Gateway and note down the ***.***.***.** numbers.

Leave the black form open. If your router has any details printed on the case, see if one of...
There are such things as safe routers in networks - 99% have folks have one. Turn yours off at the mains electric point next time you're going to be for an hour or so. When you get home, pull the telephone lead from it and turn the power back on.

It's now isolated from the Net but you cn still work on its settings to increase your protection. On your Windows machine, press the Windows key and R at the same time. A Run box pops up and into thet, type
cmd /k ipconfig /all
then hit your Enter key.

A black form has shown up with a load of white print. Find the line that says Default Gateway and note down the ***.***.***.** numbers.

Leave the black form open. If your router has any details printed on the case, see if one of those is the settings password. Open your Internet browser and put those numbers you noted down into the URL box as though it was a website address. The page that shows up is the entry to the router's settings. If you don't know the password, try "admin" as the login name and "password" for the password. It usually works.

Once you're in, find the wireless security key and change it to a stronger set of characters. Use mixed alpha/numeric and introduce some symbols from the top row.

Close the web page and restore the telephone cable. If you still get attacked, remember it is a criminal offence and your local police are duty bound to take some action.

Solution

pooboo357

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.