Trancegotten

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
Hello to all i need help and decide on what i will do thanks everyone who will help me out, first of all my pc is with this specs:

Ryzen 7 1700
Asus rog strix b350 f gaming
DDR4 Ram Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200MHZ (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
Asus dual gtx 1060 6gb
EVGA 550W B3

and all that i have it on a custom loop with bykski block, barrow pump , and alphacool radiator 240mm full copper.
Ryzen is OC to 3.9 but becuase i was having problems i take it back to stock.

So my problem is that before 1 year in b350 f gaming motherboard the 2 pwm ( cpu fan and cpu opt) stop working if you put a 120mm fan or 140mm fan but if you put the amd ryzen stock
cooler is working, and now before 1 week i take it all out to clean the computer and after put it back the motherboard doesn't recognise the second ram stick the manual says if you do dual channel put it 2 - 4 i try swap nothing i try to use only to the second with 1 ram stick and pc is booting i try and the other stick again is bootting but if you try to put and the 2 rams sticks is not working i take it to a computer technician and he tolds me the motherboards needs to be replaced so i will send it for Rma now the question is :

Should i sell the ryzen 7 1700 and the new motherboard from the rma and go for an i7 9700k and a msi z390 motherboard OR should i just buy an x470 or b450 msi of course what do you think ? ( and i will sell the new asus replaced motherboard ) i don't want to go again with asus i am dissapointed.

and something else the b350 f gaming doesn't run the ram to 3200mhz if i do an update i want it to 3200mhz as the ram is created for because i pay for that.

what you you think ?

thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
See if you can remove the CMOS battery from the board(while the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall) and replace the battery after 15 mins.

I would wait and see if the board works out for you. Your platform is still working and it's even possible that a new board(newly purchased can also have the same issue) that's how electronics work and that's why you have RMA's or replacement opportunities and warranties.

If your board is on the latest BIOS update, you should be able to hit DDR4-3200MHz by enabling D.O.C.P in BIOS...I think your board needed a BIOS update.

Trancegotten

Prominent
Mar 7, 2019
See if you can remove the CMOS battery from the board(while the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall) and replace the battery after 15 mins.

I would wait and see if the board works out for you. Your platform is still working and it's even possible that a new board(newly purchased can also have the same issue) that's how electronics work and that's why you have RMA's or replacement opportunities and warranties.

If your board is on the latest BIOS update, you should be able to hit DDR4-3200MHz by enabling D.O.C.P in BIOS...I think your board needed a BIOS update.
Yes i have the latest bios update and of course i have remove the cmos battery and again nothing