[SOLVED] Help me please...

Nov 26, 2020
Lately I have been running into issues with my Gaming pc. Even the most simple application can randomly Start frame Skipping and audio Botting in unison. I've checking my temperatures and ran all sorts of diagnostic checks and nothing seems to work. It makes playing games impossible. Please help me run through some things to locate if its a hardware/software problem.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. AX370-Gaming 5
16.00 GB Of Ram
(1) Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (2) WDC WD20EFRX-68EUZN0
(1) USB Audio 2.0 (2) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (3) NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) (4) Realtek High Definition Audio (5) Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 19041 Multiprocessor Free

Solution
To check your voltages, you could install HWInfo (similar to CPU-z) and it would show the voltages and give you a rough idea if your PSU is in good shape. Install it, run the program, and fire up a CPU stress test, watch your voltages. Then try a GPU stress test and watch the GPU voltages. Your voltages shouldn't drop hardly at all if your PSU is in good shape.

As for the motherboard/CPU, I would take a look and see if there are BIOS updates available, some of them are for performance issues - and if you haven't updated the BIOS they might have implemented fixes for specific issues. Now, be VERY careful doing BIOS updates, they can brick your computer if you muck something up.

Also, I would say that if your CPU temps are good...

kanewolf

Titan
Lately I have been running into issues with my Gaming pc. Even the most simple application can randomly Start frame Skipping and audio Botting in unison. I've checking my temperatures and ran all sorts of diagnostic checks and nothing seems to work. It makes playing games impossible. Please help me run through some things to locate if its a hardware/software problem.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. AX370-Gaming 5
16.00 GB Of Ram
(1) Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (2) WDC WD20EFRX-68EUZN0
(1) USB Audio 2.0 (2) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (3) NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) (4) Realtek High Definition Audio (5) Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 19041 Multiprocessor Free
If you have eliminated hardware issues, have you done a fresh OS install? You could have Windows problems.

Nov 26, 2020
If you have eliminated hardware issues, have you done a fresh OS install? You could have Windows problems.
I reinstalled windows the day after it started happening with no results. I’ve ran DSKCHK and everything came back stable. I’ve done a memory diagnostics check and everything was good. I ran 3Dmark to see if the issue with rise again on my GPU but it ran smoothly. I don’t know of a good way to test the health of my CPU, motherboard, or power supply

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
To check your voltages, you could install HWInfo (similar to CPU-z) and it would show the voltages and give you a rough idea if your PSU is in good shape. Install it, run the program, and fire up a CPU stress test, watch your voltages. Then try a GPU stress test and watch the GPU voltages. Your voltages shouldn't drop hardly at all if your PSU is in good shape.

As for the motherboard/CPU, I would take a look and see if there are BIOS updates available, some of them are for performance issues - and if you haven't updated the BIOS they might have implemented fixes for specific issues. Now, be VERY careful doing BIOS updates, they can brick your computer if you muck something up.

Also, I would say that if your CPU temps are good and your CPU heatsink fan is running fine, it's probably NOT that. Unless you overclock the snot out of your CPU of course...

Also, how were the temps of your GPU? Also, are the GPU fans spinning easily?

Lastly, I would say run the win10 performance monitor and see if you're pegging something when it 'stalls'. It's possible to have a rogue program behaving badly gulping RAM or pegging the CPU.

I recently put a server together with a HDD while I was waiting for the SSD to arrive. Installed Win10, and it was just god-awful slow. Put up the monitors, saw the windows AV and Defender apps pegging the HDD which was slowing everything down. 100% usage on the SATA HDD. Shut that down and it went back to normal...

So - try some of that and see what's going on.

Solution