[SOLVED] Help me please

Feb 5, 2021
Hey guys so I’m still having issues with my pc where I put everything together turn on all fans spin no ezdebug lights go on in my motherboard but I can’t get my monitor to turn on or my keyboard and mouse to power on I first thought it was the cpu so I got it back from RMA and it still doesn’t seem to work I’ve tried clearing the cmos moving the ram sticks around plugging my monitor to the mother and graphics card I tried everything I could think of but still nothing I’m at a lost here 😢

AMD ryzen 5 3600 + stock cooler
Msi b450m bazooka max wifi
Msi gtx 1660 super ventus ms
Team t force 3200mhz ram
Wd sn550 1tb m.2
Corsair tx650 psu

If u guys know of anything please help me

Solution
If, in the end, everything works as it should, there is an issue with the case, somewhere. Either in the pre-installed wiring or standoffs or lack of standoffs etc.

If nothing works from the very first, you get absolutely no debug, it's the psu. Or the connections from the psu. You only need the 2x power wires, the 20+4 and the 4+4.

I've seen the exact same symptoms, everything worked outside the case, everything worked inside the case, until the owner plugged in the front USB-C cable. He plugged it in backwards.

I've seen ppl say nothing works, pc shuts down instantly, even with just the minimum, and turned out the owner was plugging in a 6+2 into the EPS 8pin instead of the 4+4.

I've seen pc's where plugging in the usb keyboard...
Hey guys so I’m still having issues with my pc where I put everything together turn on all fans spin no ezdebug lights go on in my motherboard but I can’t get my monitor to turn on or my keyboard and mouse to power on I first thought it was the cpu so I got it back from RMA and it still doesn’t seem to work I’ve tried clearing the cmos moving the ram sticks around plugging my monitor to the mother and graphics card I tried everything I could think of but still nothing I’m at a lost here 😢

AMD ryzen 5 3600 + stock cooler
Msi b450m bazooka max wifi
Msi gtx 1660 super ventus ms
Team t force 3200mhz ram
Wd sn550 1tb m.2
Corsair tx650 psu

If u guys know of anything please help me
Are you sure the 8-pin power cable is connected from the PSU to the video card?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Breadboard it. Pull the motherboard out of the case and lay it on cardboard, the motherboard box itself is perfect for the job. Use 1 stick of ram in slot A2 (normally that's slot #2 away from cpu. Use cpu and cooler, plugged into the cpu_fan header. Plug psu main power and eps. That's all. Nothing else. Short the PWR_SW in the bottom right of the motherboard to turn on. If all is good, you'll see the debug lights on the right roll through sequence and cpu fan will spin. If that doesn't happen or if the debug hangs up somewhere then that's your first issue to solve.

If it does work and debug settles to a working pwr on status, pull the plug and start adding 1 component only at a time, rebooting after each. So you'd add the second ram stick. Reboot. Add keyboard, reboot, add mouse, reboot.

If the debug hangs up on VGA, that's because some bios need a working video output, so you'd add the gpu and gpu power in order to get past that. But only add one thing at a time. If you get a failure at any time, remove the one piece that you added, reboot, pwr down, re-add the piece. If it still fails, skip that part and keep building the full pc sitting on the table until you have a fully built pc, outside of the case.

Save any storage, including any M.2 drives for absolute last, that bypasses the OS startup procedures, you are looking for hardware POST issues, not software issues.

If you can build a fully functional pc outside of the case, start checking the case itself. You'll be looking for incorrect motherboard standoffs, any scotch or scratch marks on the motherboard tray, pinched wires, anything that'd lead to a potential short.

Feb 5, 2021
Breadboard it. Pull the motherboard out of the case and lay it on cardboard, the motherboard box itself is perfect for the job. Use 1 stick of ram in slot A2 (normally that's slot #2 away from cpu. Use cpu and cooler, plugged into the cpu_fan header. Plug psu main power and eps. That's all. Nothing else. Short the PWR_SW in the bottom right of the motherboard to turn on. If all is good, you'll see the debug lights on the right roll through sequence and cpu fan will spin. If that doesn't happen or if the debug hangs up somewhere then that's your first issue to solve.

If it does work and debug settles to a working pwr on status, pull the plug and start adding 1 component only at a time, rebooting after each. So you'd add the second ram stick. Reboot. Add keyboard, reboot, add mouse, reboot.

If the debug hangs up on VGA, that's because some bios need a working video output, so you'd add the gpu and gpu power in order to get past that. But only add one thing at a time. If you get a failure at any time, remove the one piece that you added, reboot, pwr down, re-add the piece. If it still fails, skip that part and keep building the full pc sitting on the table until you have a fully built pc, outside of the case.

Save any storage, including any M.2 drives for absolute last, that bypasses the OS startup procedures, you are looking for hardware POST issues, not software issues.

If you can build a fully functional pc outside of the case, start checking the case itself. You'll be looking for incorrect motherboard standoffs, any scotch or scratch marks on the motherboard tray, pinched wires, anything that'd lead to a potential short.
So if in the end i don’t find anything could it be the psu?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If, in the end, everything works as it should, there is an issue with the case, somewhere. Either in the pre-installed wiring or standoffs or lack of standoffs etc.

If nothing works from the very first, you get absolutely no debug, it's the psu. Or the connections from the psu. You only need the 2x power wires, the 20+4 and the 4+4.

I've seen the exact same symptoms, everything worked outside the case, everything worked inside the case, until the owner plugged in the front USB-C cable. He plugged it in backwards.

I've seen ppl say nothing works, pc shuts down instantly, even with just the minimum, and turned out the owner was plugging in a 6+2 into the EPS 8pin instead of the 4+4.

I've seen pc's where plugging in the usb keyboard killed the pc, turned out to be a short in the wire where it got bent, right at the connector.

So there's many things that can be wrong, which is why you do 1 at a time. Even to plugging in the little front connectors, just 1. Until it doesn't work. Once you figure out What is the issue, it's not usually hard to figure out the Why. Or the fix. Which is why you build outside of the case on cardboard, to eliminate everything except the bare minimum needed to post. You'll know POST because the 4 debug will light up in sequence.

If a debug stays lit, when nothing new is added, and you are at minimum, then the issue is motherboard, cpu, ram or possibly the gpu, depending on the debug.

Last edited:
Solution