ok guys i have a new problem. i'm rebuilding my system here are the specs

Biostar TA790GX-A2
4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHZ (2x2048)=8gb
AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition 4MB Socket AM2+
2x Sony 20X DVDRW SATA Retail
2x120MM Case Fan (1 rear, 1 front)
650 Watt 20/24 Pin ATX Power Supply w/SATA
Barracuda 250gb SATA 7200rpm Drive
5x 80mm Crystal Blue Led (2xside window, 2xbottom, 1xtop)
RaidMax XForce Gaming Case Black

I was wondering how do I set up the airflow. Which way do I face the fans?

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
It seems your case has no rear fan at all.....I take it you brought that rear fan yourself and are going to install it?

For good airflow you need air being sucked in at the front so it passes over all your components, then sucked out at the back. Each fan should have an indication on it as to which way it goes for a certain airflow. In terms of side fans, they also need to be sucking air in so as to be drawn out of the rear. I have found that with side fans, if it is the other way around then it can disrupt the airflow in your case.

Peaks

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
It seems your case has no rear fan at all.....I take it you brought that rear fan yourself and are going to install it?

For good airflow you need air being sucked in at the front so it passes over all your components, then sucked out at the back. Each fan should have an indication on it as to which way it goes for a certain airflow. In terms of side fans, they also need to be sucking air in so as to be drawn out of the rear. I have found that with side fans, if it is the other way around then it can disrupt the airflow in your case.