EVGA 1600 8gb ram
NZXT S340 (white w/window)
Corsair H105
MSI 970 Gaming
Crucial 240gb SSD
EVGA 500w PSU
Red sleeved power cables

27" AOC IPS monitor

Board and processor are obviously older, but everything else is less than a month old.

I see a lot of ridiculous craigslist ads locally for junk AMD systems for 800 bucks or so (thick with dust too), so whats it worth?

Wolfshadw

Titan
The only components really worth anything are the graphics card ($325 new), the CPU Cooler ($105 new), the SSD ($65 new) and the Display ($170 new). Everything else is kind of meh...

New, those items come to about $660. Used, you can knock off around 20% so around $460. Toss in the other components and you could probably get a quick sell for around $500. Ask $550 or best offer.

-Wolf sends

ZackL04

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
So ur saying a nice case, unlocked i7 and sli capable motherboard is only worth $40?? There is no way someone would list this system for $550 and take $500 on this forum. There are guys here that wont let a 2600k go for $150, I know because I tried to piece together my system here first.

I know I asked for your opinions, but I feel Im being lowballed already. I would pay $600 in a heartbeat for this system and would think its the best deal ive ever seen. There is over $1k in components here.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sorry if you feel offended, but that is how I see it. Your unlocked I7 is four generations old. Just how long do you believe it's going to be viable? Why would a potential buyer invest any serious money in something that won't do what they need it to do in a year or two more?

Your motherboard may be SLI compatible, but it's generations old as well. Where's the PCI-E 3.0? Where's the SATA 6Gb/s? What about USB 3.0? Again, it's viable now, but for how much longer?

As for the case, I think people put too much emphasis on it. My cases can be crap so long as my components don't blow up. It sits under my desk where I can't even see it.

So, sorry if you feel you're being low-balled, but that is my opinion of what your system is worth. There's nothing stopping you from asking for more (and hopefully, you get more).

-Wolf sends

ZackL04

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
My board has usb 3.0 and sata 6gbps. It does however lack pci express 3.0, but show me how that bottlenecks even a 980 ti. It doesnt. I could run 2 980 ti's no problem.

Also a 2600k is still extremly capable for todays workloads and tomorrows. A 6700k costs $350+ and is what....around 20% faster? (With a higher clock) Thats without overclocking the 2600k, and before you tell me the 6700k can be overclocked too, sure it can but the 2600k can keep up just fine.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2015/08/05/intel-skylake-review/7

Your acting as though im peddling a core 2 quad or something. With your logic, whats our computer worth? $5??

Wolfshadw

Titan
My system? Closer to about $300 and that's only because I'd be including Windows 10 OEM.

But ok. You asked for an opinion. I gave you mine. You don't like. So be it. Again, no one is forcing you to only ask what I think you could get for it. If you're finding "junk AMD" systems for $800, feel free to ask $1000 for your Intel system. If it sells, yeah! If not, then perhaps I've given you some indication as to why.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Tell you what. If you would prefer, request that I close/delete this thread and then start a new one. I'll stay out of the new thread and you can see if you can get any other views.

Wolfshadw
Moderator.

ZackL04

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
No, its fine. I dont mind your opinion, I just dont agree with it, thats all.

Im dumbfounded you think your gen 1 i5 with a 8800gt is only worth 250 less than my 2nd gen i7 with a 970 w/water cooling ect....

Wolfshadw

Titan
$100 OS included with my system, so the rest is only worth $200. Still a completely viable system, but you could get a new system that performs just as well with just a bit more money.

Yes, you have some newer components, and that why I rated your system at $500 ($300 over mine); most of that being for the graphics card. You still find value in your 2nd gen I7. I don't. Water cooling can be a plus or a minus to any system. There are some people who, if interested in your system, the first thing they would do is remove it.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Remember, in the end, it's not about what you think it's worth, it's what a perspective buyer thinks it's worth.

ZackL04

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I still dont agree, but your right about finding the right buyer for sure. This system is definatley not built to shove away under a desk.

Btw nobody pays $100 for windows

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Really, it is always the same story. People with zero experience in trading come to a forum to ask what their build is worth, get a really accurate answer, and then react negatively to that. It's the same story every time. Learn the value of your build, and accept that sometimes the given price is only logical given that It's used and that new type of components are released on the market on a nearly yearly basis. I've been trading components for a while now, and you won't catch more than 550-600 dollars.

ZackL04

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I actually have a lot of experience. This is the 5th build ive done in the last 3 years. I build and sell almost every 6 months (yes I have a problem)

I still disagree, i sold a crap amd 6300 and gtx660 combo system (with case, hdd ect.) without OS on ebay 2 years ago for 575. This system would demolish that one. I understand that was 2 years ago, but the only price change to that system over that time period is that the gpu is a little cheaper now.

If i wanted to buy just a 2600k with a Z board and gtx 970....all used... I would be looking at spending over $450 easily, more if you go by the prices being asked for similar pieces on this forum.

You have a point that parts lose value fast but you forget the market for these parts, while old, is still strong and its rare to find a "deal" unless you constantly scour reddits /hardwareswap

I plan to ask for $950 and take 800. My target market will be the new gamer that wants a good looking system that will perform strong for years and save him a few hundred over the latest greatest tech.

jediTT

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

LOL so the whole point of this thread was?...

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
To be fair I think because of the monitor that's included and the expensive AIO cooler he could ask 650-700. However the issue is: EVGA 500w. I would not be comfortably with that PSU in a system like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.