Question Help me repair my laptop's keyboard ?

Roman_12

Reputable
Jun 1, 2016
I have an Asus UX303LN laptop A couple of months ago, I spilled juice on a few keys of the keyboard(up, down, and left arrow keys). After that, they did work for a short time, but now they are not working. Should I have to replace the entire keyboard because these keys not working? I checked there are two versions of the keyboard, one is with no backlight and one with backlight. Which one should I order? Is the backlighting separate from the keyboard ?. In my case the backlighting is working fine.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Replacement is the most reliable option. If it is just sticky residue preventing the keys from working a deep clean might work. Could try soaking it in a light detergent and water for a while, then thoroughly dry it before re-installing it. But if some sort of damage has already occurred, not much to fix.

The backlight is part of the keyboard. If this is a feature you use, then by the backlit version. If it isn't, get the cheaper non-backlit version.

Maineman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
I have the same problem. ASUS will repair/replace the keyboard but require an $85 diagnostic fee plus parts and installation. ASUS does not sell internal replacement parts. At your choice, they refer you to 3rd party retailers such as Amazon, BestBuy, B&H, NewEgg, and Freys.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS