Help me route my ssd and hd

Matthew_166

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have recently bought a pc with a 120gb ssd and 1tb hd. Can you tell me what file(s) windows will be on so I can move the games that I ha e installed without worrying about whether or not they will ruin my pc and how I move them

Solution
Don't touch anything in the windows folder and you should be okay.

what sort of games are they?

How to move steam games

Origin

If you’re moving an Origin game, the steps are very similar, but just a tad simpler:

Open Windows Explorer and create a folder in the new location where you’ll store your games.
Head to your current Origin folder and find the folder for the game you want to move. Copy it to the new location, and delete the old files.
Open Origin and head to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced. Under “Downloaded Games”, click the “Change” button and direct it to the folder on your new hard drive. Don’t worry, this only affects newly-installed games, so your current library will not be affected.
Return to the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Don't touch anything in the windows folder and you should be okay.

what sort of games are they?

How to move steam games

Origin

If you’re moving an Origin game, the steps are very similar, but just a tad simpler:

Open Windows Explorer and create a folder in the new location where you’ll store your games.
Head to your current Origin folder and find the folder for the game you want to move. Copy it to the new location, and delete the old files.
Open Origin and head to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced. Under “Downloaded Games”, click the “Change” button and direct it to the folder on your new hard drive. Don’t worry, this only affects newly-installed games, so your current library will not be affected.
Return to the “My Games” view and click the Download button to re-install the game. Instead of re-downloading the game (which could take hours), Origin will detect the existing files there and make any necessary minor changes. When it’s done, you should be able to play the game as usual.
If you want to install future games to your old hard drive, repeat step 3 with the old location.

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-move-a-pc-game-to-another-hard-drive-without-re-1714706774

If its wow, http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300736236

If its none of these, there is a good chance you will need to reinstall games manually on new drive

Solution

Matthew_166

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016