Question Help me run an old game please!

Mar 11, 2019
Hey there,
I was recently organizing my mom's garage and found a bunch of old CD ROM games from when I was little. For the sake of a nostalgia trip I decided to play through some of them, but obviously there are some compatibility issues and I'm not very tech savvy (I know, pathetic for a millenial). However, I would understand if none of the games worked since they are so old; The part that I am having trouble with is that some of the games work and some don't. Fro example, the Blues Clues disks run fine but the Candyland game that I am most interested in playing doesn't work even after the compatibility troubleshooting. I am pretty hellbent on being able to play this game even if it means overall buying an old computer but I figure it is 2019 and there has to be something I can do. I am using a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop with windows 10 software. I have looked into options like a virtual machine but I can't seem to make anything work, probably because I have no clue what I am doing. To save myself the time and confusion of watching countless Youtube videos and downloading a million things I was hoping someone could explain to me the easiest or simplest way to possibly make this game work on my computer or for me to enjoy the game at all (as previously mentioned I am willing to buy and old system but I also wouldn't know the best options for that). Or since this stuff can be a little complicated if someone could at least explain in the simplest way possible how to do something like this. The part I am most stumped on is the fact that some disks work but some don't when I don't see a major difference between the software needs. I have attached the requirement panel of the Candyland CD and the only reference I have software-wise for the Blues Clues game. The only real difference I notice is that Candyland is 95 while Blue is 95/98 so I'm not sure if my laptop is just picking up that 3 year difference and able to run the Blue disk easier due to it. I would really appreciate any help or instructions. I don't need it to be full screen or have great graphics, I am really just wanting the game to run for old-times sake, I have read in my research that "sometimes games just go extinct" and I am kind of unwilling to accept that at the moment.
Thanks!

2pq7rzk.jpg

ftopki.jpg

TRENDING THREADS