Help me select an SSD

jimmy19

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
hello
i was thinking of buying an SSD drive since i have a 500GB Western Digital drive and i have all the capacity i need i want to try out an SSD drive.
i think 64GB will be enough for me just for WINDOWS 7 and few extra programs
the drives i can buy in my country are
Kingston v100
Kingston v200
Apacer AS202
OCZ Agility 3
I know the Agility is the fastest but i dont care that much about speed i want reliability, a drive that will last.
All the feedbacks on the net say that most of the drives fail in about 3-6 months.
help me choose the most reliable drive

xtremcarl

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
if you can get intel or samsung those are the best ssd's out right now in terms of quality and reliability. I wouldn't get OCZ they have had many issues some of which have been fixed while others have not been. I would look up reviews and newegg feedback on a drive before you buy it and see what people have been saying

Jimmy I would look at the Intel® SSD 320 80GB drive as it is a first rate drive that is just about perfect in size for a boot drive. I have been using this drive for while now as my boot drive. I am amazed at how fast it is and I never have any problems with it.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

bbqroast

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
OCZ has an insanely high seek time (the same issue that mechanicals have), while it may have fast Read/Write speeds it will take time to find the data (regular HDs can achieve massive read write speeds (like Gigabyte/s speeds) but they take for ever to seek as they must move the drive head).

Intel SSDs are held in very high regard for reliability and yes 80GB is generally enough for your OS and favourite Steam Games :).

jimmy19

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
thanx for the replies guys but in my country i cant find a Intel SSD i dont know why they are not sold anywhere
i listed the drives i can buy and i was told that Kingston v100 is the best of all
There are Smamsung 830 series i know they ROCK but its only 128GB which is expensive for me
cheers

thessdreview

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
The bit extra you pay for that Samsung may be worth it. You are looking for reliability yet leaving those drives praised for reliability out.

jimmy19

Distinguished
May 13, 2008

I found a very nice SSD and is 60GB
Its a Mushkin Chronos Sata 3 and by the customers feedback on newegg.com i can see that it is very good.
Can someone tell me is it reliable or not
im trying to hit at least 3 years with it
Cheers