Help me select RAM

DrFire

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hi, I'm getting the following components and would like the best RAM for my system.

ASUS P67 Motherboard
i5 2500
6950 2 GB unlocked
Windows 7 64-bit

I don't do anything really demanding; I do play games such as ArmA II and Battlefield 3, though.

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile. And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
cml8gx3m2a1600c9b_06.jpg

the memory that was posted by the mods is one of the best rams you can buy. a lot of the other ram vendor just buy brand-x ram from samasung or another chip seller and toss on there colored heat sink. those vendors...qa is ok but sometime it not as good as a company that makes and tests there own ram. also if your ram goes bad how good are there rma dept or tech help...found out with my last build and gskill. went with low price and got burnt...found out the 16g kit only two sticks in any slot will work..I had ordered ram that was not on the mb qal list..sent it back with the mb qal list printed out with the rma info..
in the box with a note that all i needed was 16g back on ram that was on the qal list. 8 days latter got the same ram kit back..not the same dimms but a whole new dimm kit. called gkills rma dept the person said i see your name but there no notes that you needed another type of ram..I said i talked to a lev 2 tech said the ram was an issue that it was not qal ram and said he put it in the notes and i also sent a letter and the same info with the ram in the box.. how does the rma dept miss 12 sheets of letter size paper???

Corsair does just like most anybody else uses third party chips Micron, Elpida and maybe some others.