Help me to build my PC

solardust012

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I am going to build my new PC. My major focus of activities will be - usual office applications, 2D-3D graphics designing, adobe applications, simulation applications (MATLab/MathCad), creating flash animation, video editing, simple video making, learning sound editing applications, watching HD movie, little bit of gaming etc.

My budget is around $800-$900.

Components included:
----------------------------
Processor (Intel 2nd Gen core i5)
Motherboard (anything excluding Intel, <$160)
RAM (will DDR3 4 GB do?)
Graphics Card (<$125)
Monitor (>20", <$180)
Casing
Sound card (Creative Audigy Value will do?)

Please help me by suggesting appropriate component brand+models.
If you think the budget/specification is not enough, u can suggest me.....i might increase my budget a little further.

Thanx in advance.
Cheers.

solardust012

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I am going to build my new PC. My major focus of activities will be - usual office applications, 2D-3D graphics designing, adobe applications, simulation applications (MATLab/MathCad), creating flash animation, video editing, simple video making, learning sound editing applications, watching HD movie, little bit of gaming etc.

My budget is around $800-$900.

Components included:
----------------------------
Processor (Intel 2nd Gen core i5)
Motherboard (anything excluding Intel, <$160)
RAM (will DDR3 4 GB do?)
Graphics Card (<$125)
Monitor (>20", <$180)
Casing
Sound card (Creative Audigy Value will do?)

Please help me by suggesting appropriate component brand+models.
If you think the budget/specification is not enough, u can suggest me.....i might increase my budget a little further.

Thanx in advance.
Cheers.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
core i5 2500k,
asus P8H67-M PRO,
xms 4gb ram,
gpu evga gtx 550ti,(buy only evga if you are buying nvidia)
case as above(legend killers says)
psu as above(legend killers says)
Why Evga GPU, The Zotac i picked was 1000MHz Core and other that's faster, it's better than Evga current 980MHz Core Clock and it's at same price... You can OC the Zotac that i picked further and it'll be faster than Evga.. He's doing Video and/or 3D application so he need at least 8GB or he'll lag like nuts since some of his Application is going to use the Pagefile which is on HDD and is 1000x slower than RAM so of course is ganna lag, get 8GB... Dont buy H67/P67 because he's ganna have to OC+Z68 was an bug fix that H67/P67 was having... I Rather get Z68... Also he's ganna need a heatsink if he wanna get pass 4GHz+...

NOTE: I Recommend waiting for SB-E because it' going to be released in Q4 2011 which is better than 2600k at $300... Check Here:
http://en.expreview.com/2011/08/09/sandy-bridge-e-launch-in-2011ivy-bridge-in-march-april-2012/18674.html

solardust012

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I have bought my PC. Here's the configuration:

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1 GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
Transcend DDR3 1333 MHz 4GB
WD 1TB Black Cavier HDD
Delta 550 WT PSU
Dell P2211HT 21.5" LED
An ATX Casing

Now that I didn't buy any graphics card due to my budget restrictions, I will eventually get one within a month or two.
Please suggest me a good graphics card considering the configuration mentioned above. My budget is <$140.

And, something to add here. I'm not desperate to OC my system much. And I'm not a game-freak (anymore).
Even, I won't use this system for professional graphics/simulating/editing purpose....just to explore and learn different software and applications.
(a little bit of gaming will do though).

Here (I'm from Bangladesh), we have GeForce cards from Asus-Gigabyte and Radeon cards from Sapphire-XFX-Gigabyte.

Now considering everything, plz suggest me and help me to get the best card.
Thnx in advance.

solardust012

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I have bought my PC. Here's the configuration:

Intel Core i5-2400 3.1 GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
Transcend DDR3 1333 MHz 4GB
WD 1TB Black Cavier HDD
Delta 550 WT PSU
Dell P2211HT 21.5" LED
An ATX Casing

Now that I didn't buy any graphics card due to my budget restrictions, I will eventually get one within a month or two.
Please suggest me a good graphics card considering the configuration mentioned above. My budget is <$140.

And, something to add here. I'm not desperate to OC my system much. And I'm not a game-freak (anymore).
Even, I won't use this system for professional graphics/simulating/editing purpose....just to explore and learn different software and applications.
(a little bit of gaming will do though).

Here (I'm from Bangladesh), we have GeForce cards from Asus-Gigabyte and Radeon cards from Sapphire-XFX-Gigabyte.

Now considering everything, plz suggest me and help me to get the best card.
Thnx in advance.