help me to buy monitor

masteranu

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I'm going to buy a ips monitor
Looking for gaming but running very low on budget
I need to clarify few things
When considering clarity
Does high resolutions means high quality?
I mean i saw 1920 * 1080 and 1200 monitors
1200 one have better resolution
That means images are more crisp in that??
I don't need excact model to buy
Because I'm sure monitors you guys suggest won't available in my country
Just teach me the things i should look when buying monitors
I mean how to compare two monitors?
What are the things i should compare?
I'm noob
But did a lot research
Hope you guys will help me

rvilkman

Distinguished
The difference between the 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 is a bit more screen real estate on the up down direction. While this can provide a benefit in some games, generally for gaming you will be fine with a 1920x1080 screen. And you will certainly save some money. If there is a display in your price range that use either IPS, AH-IPS or PLS panel, those are the panels that generally have the best image quality, color reproduction and viewing angles. However shy of the viewing angles a good TN panel can in other ways be just as good, and generally they are faster.

If you have a strong gaming machine that is able to run games at high framerates then you may consider a 120Hz or 144Hz displayu such as:
AOC G1460PQU $250 on US amazon

Otherwise you will be fine with a good 60Hz display using a PLS panel.
Such as: S24D390HL $169 on US amazon
Obviously several other brands are available: Asus and AOC and BenQ are quite good for example. And dell also makes nice monitors.

Basically going below that you can find some 60hz TN panels from manufacturers like Asus and AOC which will still save you an additional $30 or so. But the quality will be worse than the IPS/AH-IPS/PLS.