Question Help me to choose headphones!

Enrok M

Honorable
Sep 12, 2016
Hello, i am looking for headphones, not for gaming, but for listening to music. my previous headphones were Pioneer Se-m531, sound quality were just perfect, i am looking to something similiar or better. Other question is on which specifications i should pay attention FIRST before choosing a good headphones? Thank you for answers

Enrok M

Honorable
Sep 12, 2016
Are you looking for wired or wireless BT headphones? Are you wanting over ear, on ear or earbuds?

What country are you in? What is your budget?

Sorry, didnt mentioned all that. I am looking for simple wired over ear headphones which ones would be best choice for music listening. Budget is lets say from 60 euros and if its really,REALLY worth it i can pay around 80euros or a bit more, also cheaper and good headphones would interest me as well and before choosing headphones, on which specifications i should pay attention too? I had those pioneer headphones and i was super happy with them, its sad that after many years they broke

D

Deleted member 217926

Rtings is good for measurements but don't use that site to actually compare headphones. What questions do you have?

Which is exactly why I tried to avoid answering that question. The best way to get good headphones is to buy headphones that somebody who knows what they are doing says is good, Unless you know how to interpret frequency readings and have a clue regarding the inclusion of which parts makes a certain headphone better. I don't and most people don't. In fact, probably FEW do.

gondo

Distinguished
Hello, i am looking for headphones, not for gaming, but for listening to music. my previous headphones were Pioneer Se-m531, sound quality were just perfect, i am looking to something similiar or better. Other question is on which specifications i should pay attention FIRST before choosing a good headphones? Thank you for answers

Something to look for in over ear headphones is whether they are open back or closed back. That will narrow down your selection based on which you prefer. You may also want to look at sensitivity based on your usage. For example if you want to plug into a smartphone you might want more sensitive headphones which will be a little louder. If you are using a headphone amp it's not crucial.

D

Deleted member 217926

I don't know about pricing in Europe but in the under $100 US category:

The HD559 recommended above. - Sennheiser's house sound is slightly forward mids meaning very nice vocals.
Philips SHP9500 - As neutral as you'll get for the price. A little bright.
Creative Aurvana Live - Bass! Warm and fun! Great value.
ATH M40X - On ear more than over ear but better than the higher priced M50X. Well balanced sound.
Takstar Pro 82 - The basis for a bunch of 'gaming' headsets. Great for the price.
Grado SR60e - Well balanced.

That Pioneer is a closed, bass heavy headphone, so you want a closed headphone with a bass emphasis. I think Takstar Pro 80 or 82(newer) is your best bet.

As to what spec, to be honest I don't look at specs for headphones. I pay attention to what is called the 'sound signature' in reviews. What type of sound does the headphone have? Some have lots of bass, some have lots of treble, some are balanced. If you like those Pioneers then you like bass. Open headphones most likely will not please you.