[SOLVED] Help me to choose storage

Aug 21, 2018
Im gonna build a gaming/streaming/editing pc. I'v chosen all my part but I havent chosen storage. My options

1tb seagate barracuda, 120 gb wd green m.2

Samsung 860 evo 500gb

Solution

Option 2 + 1TB WD Blue.

Is this for storage, gaming or editing? Pure storage for things(music, video, docs. etc.) can be easily handled by that Seagate. A mixture of all 4 of your needs can be handled by the 500GB SSD.

You can then add a 1TB HDD later on down the road. Regardless you should install your drive that will have the OS on it and only that drive during the Windows install process. When the installation of the drive and Windows with all updates is completed you can power down and add your secondary drives.

120GB M.2 is just too...

Option 2 + 1TB WD Blue.

Is this for storage, gaming or editing? Pure storage for things(music, video, docs. etc.) can be easily handled by that Seagate. A mixture of all 4 of your needs can be handled by the 500GB SSD.

You can then add a 1TB HDD later on down the road. Regardless you should install your drive that will have the OS on it and only that drive during the Windows install process. When the installation of the drive and Windows with all updates is completed you can power down and add your secondary drives.

120GB M.2 is just too bleeping small for a gamer. That's coming from experience.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS