Question Help me to pick mechanical keyboard

Jun 25, 2018
Hello!
I am looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard. I have done a lot of research and i don´t know how to choose the right one. I am choosing between hyperx alloy elite, das keyboard 4 professional and ducky one 2.
This will be my first mechanical keyboard. It will have brown switches.
Thanks for answers.

Mar 3, 2019
if your looking at purchasing a gaming keyboard i would suggest the hyperx alloy elite because it has cherry mx switches which is very good for gaming and it has quite key presses and doesn't sound so clicky. any cherry mx keyboard is good .. it doesnt have to be a hyperx alloy elite.. if your on a budget try searching for a cheap board with cherry mx switches.

Jun 25, 2018
if your looking at purchasing a gaming keyboard i would suggest the hyperx alloy elite because it has cherry mx switches which is very good for gaming and it has quite key presses and doesn't sound so clicky. any cherry mx keyboard is good .. it doesnt have to be a hyperx alloy elite.. if your on a budget try searching for a cheap board with cherry mx switches.
I need it for typing and gaming. But all of those keyboards have cherry mx switches.
Thanks for answer

Hello!
I am looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard. I have done a lot of research and i don´t know how to choose the right one. I am choosing between hyperx alloy elite, das keyboard 4 professional and ducky one 2.
This will be my first mechanical keyboard. It will have brown switches.
Thanks for answers.

Any of those would be good, the HyperX ones are more setup for gaming vs a more subtle setup. Really the only way to get a keyboard you like it to try them out. I like BestBuy stores fro this, they are in many locations and every one I have been to has a decent number of keyboards on display in their gaming section (not the general computer one unless you want the cheap stuff). They won't have DAS, Ducky or other models like that, you will only see Corsair, Cooler Master, HyperX, those types of brands.

If you know the type of switch you want to get, then just pick one of the higher quality models, they would all feel more or less the same once you get to the $100 and up range.

I got a HyperX keyboard for my work, with Kailh Silver Speed switches and I like it, smooth feeling, but more like MX Red than Browns.

Jun 25, 2018
Any of those would be good, the HyperX ones are more setup for gaming vs a more subtle setup. Really the only way to get a keyboard you like it to try them out. I like BestBuy stores fro this, they are in many locations and every one I have been to has a decent number of keyboards on display in their gaming section (not the general computer one unless you want the cheap stuff). They won't have DAS, Ducky or other models like that, you will only see Corsair, Cooler Master, HyperX, those types of brands.

If you know the type of switch you want to get, then just pick one of the higher quality models, they would all feel more or less the same once you get to the $100 and up range.

I got a HyperX keyboard for my work, with Kailh Silver Speed switches and I like it, smooth feeling, but more like MX Red than Browns.
Hey, really thanks for the answer. I will test the keyboards if i find them in store.
Do you know if it is true, that das keyboards are now low quality?

Qyndryx

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Pretty sure Ducky is your best consideration here. Their keyboards will last you a lifetime and they'll be more than happy to replace if it gets broken. Das Keyboard is also a very good keyboard manufacturer, probably on par with Ducky.

HyperX is a good manufacturer of gaming orientated keyboards but I think that Ducky and Das Keyboard have the edge on them in terms of longevity.

Jun 25, 2018
Pretty sure Ducky is your best consideration here. Their keyboards will last you a lifetime and they'll be more than happy to replace if it gets broken. Das Keyboard is also a very good keyboard manufacturer, probably on par with Ducky.

HyperX is a good manufacturer of gaming orientated keyboards but I think that Ducky and Das Keyboard have the edge on them in terms of longevity.
Thanks for answer. Do you know if it is true that das keyboards are now low quality, since they move to china?

Qyndryx

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
I am not sure if their latest board is any good. Das Keyboard has shown themselves to be a great keyboard manufacturer, but I think that they are taking steps in the wrong direction. The 5Q uses Das Keyboard's own brand "Alpha Zulu" switches. The switches are supposedly made by Greetech, the same company that has made Razer's gaming switches since 2016. The software that Das is providing for the keyboard does look phenomenal, but I don't want my keyboard to look like an "acid trip" and would rather write a piece of software that would do the same thing (without the flashy LED lights).

If I had to pick one their boards, I would pick the DK 4 Ultimate with MX Blues.

Jun 25, 2018
I am not sure if their latest board is any good. Das Keyboard has shown themselves to be a great keyboard manufacturer, but I think that they are taking steps in the wrong direction. The 5Q uses Das Keyboard's own brand "Alpha Zulu" switches. The switches are supposedly made by Greetech, the same company that has made Razer's gaming switches since 2016. The software that Das is providing for the keyboard does look phenomenal, but I don't want my keyboard to look like an "acid trip" and would rather write a piece of software that would do the same thing (without the flashy LED lights).

If I had to pick one their boards, I would pick the DK 4 Ultimate with MX Blues.
ok. Thanks for everything :)