Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
My current set up

Amd fx-8320 3.5 Ghz
8 Gb ddrd3
Amd Radeon R7 250 2GB

What do i need to buy to upgrade this

Solution
Two easy upgrades. A new GPU, and the one suggested is a fine choice but I would also say to upgrade your RAM to 16Gb. I went from 8 to 16 on my 6350/Sabertooth and saw a huge jump in responsiveness. Also... IF you have the budge and are not using an SSD for your OS and primary apps, think about migrating.

To do a GPU, RAM and SSD, you can easily look at $450. So that might be a warning flag to you that a new build might be better off, even if you have to save up for it. Adding in more RAM on an AM3 board is a dead end for that RAM. I will also assume your Mobo is limited to PCIe 2.0, not 3.0 so you're not getting full benefits from any new GPU. An SSD will speed things up a bit and will migrate in the future, as would a new...

Ditt44

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Two easy upgrades. A new GPU, and the one suggested is a fine choice but I would also say to upgrade your RAM to 16Gb. I went from 8 to 16 on my 6350/Sabertooth and saw a huge jump in responsiveness. Also... IF you have the budge and are not using an SSD for your OS and primary apps, think about migrating.

To do a GPU, RAM and SSD, you can easily look at $450. So that might be a warning flag to you that a new build might be better off, even if you have to save up for it. Adding in more RAM on an AM3 board is a dead end for that RAM. I will also assume your Mobo is limited to PCIe 2.0, not 3.0 so you're not getting full benefits from any new GPU. An SSD will speed things up a bit and will migrate in the future, as would a new GPU.

Budget. What is it now and what will it be in 6 months or a year? What is your objective for that time frame? All three areas will make your experience better and two of the three upgrades will migrate. You can do them one at a time as well and not all at once.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS