MDC2957

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
I have this board:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_PRO/specifications/

and this CPU:
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

Right now it only has 8GB of memory and I need to upgrade the memory and maybe the CPU if possible.

I found these two documents about supported memory:
Questions, as I'm not up on this stuff as I used to be:

What would be the best memory for me to buy to replace the memory that is in the machine now? i.e. what specs should look for when shopping? After it's installed, do I need to overclock it for better performance, and if so is there an easy way to do it, or do I need to hire someone? Same questions about the CPU, can it be upgraded or should I stay with the one I have?

Thank you for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

^ 4 slots, max 32GB if you want 16GB of ram, invest in a 2x8GB DDR3-1600MHz 1.65v kit. If you want 32GB's then same kit, doubled.

As for the CPU, make sure your board is on the latest BIOS update, while still on the i7-2600K and then drop in an i7-3770K but you're going to need an aftermarket cooler for that new CPU + overclocks.

I have this board:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V_PRO/specifications/

and this CPU:
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

Right now it only has 8GB of memory and I need to upgrade the memory and maybe the CPU if possible.

I found these two documents about supported memory:
Questions, as I'm not up on this stuff as I used to be:

What would be the best memory for me to buy to replace the memory that is in the machine now? i.e. what specs should look for when shopping? After it's installed, do I need to overclock it for better performance, and if so is there an easy way to do it, or do I need to hire someone? Same questions about the CPU, can it be upgraded or should I stay with the one I have?

Thank you for your help!

what is the purpose for upgrading the memory or cpu ?

are you upgrading it for gaming ?

that chip is getting quite old in the tooth