Help me upgrade my MoBo

spudd

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Hey, yesterday I picked up the deal at fry's for the E6300 & ECS P4MPro-M board for 169.99.

I got it all hooked up with BASE stuff. Samsung 256 DDR2 400, old 82gb hard drive out of a HP XL876, a power 480w PSU, decent case I had laying around, and other small goodies.. oh yeah and a coolermaster XI5-9IDSA-K1 HSF since it didn't have a stock heat fan..

anyways it's a bare system basically and I only went for the deal because I "basically" paid $127.50 for a E6300. I think I can return the board and get store credit, not sure? I'll find out..

Anyways the chip is the first part to my soon-to-be over-clocked system.. I was thinking about the PW5-B board, but not to sure. I want to be able to run above decent overclocking speeds so I need a little direction on the MoBo and Ram.

Here's the specs so far. Maybe ya'll can help to make this puppy run faster til I get all the parts together.

spudd

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Ok so my head hurts!

After checking out MB's to see what would be the best for my system, i've came to a conclusion - I just don't know, lol.

I was thinking about the Gigabyte S3, but I read over some reviews and some people have had problems with it. The DS3 sounds great, but i'm anxious on getting it built and I have no patience. Also, same goes with the P5W-B and Deluxe boards!

I'm basically wanting a alternative to running my E6300 CPU above 2.4+, hopefully 2.9, stable and having a 24/7 system. Also, leaving room to upgrade to a quad-core PC later in time.

I have no PCI-Express card, and I have that 256 Samsung 533 ram. So basically it's up in the air with everything except the processor.

Help me out! Also, i'd like to run two hard drives as well.

spudd

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Man no love.. did I write to much!? I know some of ya'll are like me and have nothing better to do at work/home!

Haha help me out guys!