Help me upgrade?

Phantom-XVI

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Well, I use my PC all the time, mostly for gaming.
My current specs are listed below and I was wondering if it is worth upgrading to the next set.

Current specs
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 (2Gb)
RAM: 16Gb
Mainboard: Gigabyte tech. F2A58M-HD2 (micro atx)
PSU:500W
The things I want to upgrade to if its worth it of course (bearing in mind I want it to be suitable for current triple A games and only want to buy the parts that I need to)
CPU:AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
GPU:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card
RAM:16Gb (don't really need any more)
Mainboard:MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard
PSU:Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

I haven't completely checked all of the compatibility so some help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Solution
With the recent announcement of Ryzen(from AMD's camp) and the subsequent projected arrival date of around the first quarter of 2017, it's actually a moot point to invest within the AM3 socket so late into the architecture/platform's life cycle. In essence AM3+ is already on it's way out while you've probably realized by now that the cost of your upgrade seems more like an opportunity at buying a brand new system(without some minor bits and bobs).

On a flipside, Intel also have announced the advent of Kabylake which will also come around in 2017. I'd suggest that you hold onto your funds and keep saving until you can get news of both camps releases. If the results are under par with previous gen hardware then you can make your purchase...

Lutfij

Titan
With the recent announcement of Ryzen(from AMD's camp) and the subsequent projected arrival date of around the first quarter of 2017, it's actually a moot point to invest within the AM3 socket so late into the architecture/platform's life cycle. In essence AM3+ is already on it's way out while you've probably realized by now that the cost of your upgrade seems more like an opportunity at buying a brand new system(without some minor bits and bobs).

On a flipside, Intel also have announced the advent of Kabylake which will also come around in 2017. I'd suggest that you hold onto your funds and keep saving until you can get news of both camps releases. If the results are under par with previous gen hardware then you can make your purchase but if the opposite holds true, then your current purchase was in vain.

You should list your specs as:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Solution