Question Help me urgent !!!

Dec 21, 2019
Yesterday my pc tower accidentally fell down from about 1 meter, i checked if everything was ok it looked fine, i started it and runs super slow, looking at cpu temperature using2 programs it was around 90-80 degrees just by moving the mouse around! I bought a new cooler but nothing happened pls help me i don't know how to fix it.
I54460
Gtx1060 6gb gygabyte
8gb ram
1tb hdd
Cooler alpine 12CO (artic)

MetallicMonk

Respectable
Feb 16, 2019
Yesterday my pc tower accidentally fell down from about 1 meter, i checked if everything was ok it looked fine, i started it and runs super slow, looking at cpu temperature using2 programs it was around 90-80 degrees just by moving the mouse around! I bought a new cooler but nothing happened pls help me i don't know how to fix it.
I54460
Gtx1060 6gb gygabyte
8gb ram
1tb hdd
Cooler alpine 12CO (artic)
Also, can you confirm you have installed a new cooler and that the temps stay the same?

Reactions: bencos2018
Dec 21, 2019
Have you made sure the cooler is torqued properly on the socket? I'm guessing you applied new thermal paste? Have you checked the CPU fans are working and plugged in?
I we got many questions now because 1 the cooler has preapplied thermal paste and i dont know if i should put more on the cpu
2 the pins wont go fully in so maybe that is cause of the problem?

You should have cleaned off the old paste before applying the new cooler which I assume had pre applied paste. You now need to clean off all paste from cpu and cooler and apply new.

The cooler also needs to firmly tighten down on the cpu to work correctly. The “2 pins won’t go fully in” suggest it is either not mounted correctly or something with the mounting setup is damaged from the fall.

What motherboard and cooler is it?

Dec 21, 2019
You should have cleaned off the old paste before applying the new cooler which I assume had pre applied paste. You now need to clean off all paste from cpu and cooler and apply new.

The cooler also needs to firmly tighten down on the cpu to work correctly. The “2 pins won’t go fully in” suggest it is either not mounted correctly or something with the mounting setup is damaged from the fall.

What motherboard and cooler is it?
After sooo many HOURS trying to put the cooler in finally finally i fixed it, i don't know why but the pins weren't coming in, thank you all for helping me, btw the problem was not mounting correctly the cooler(but i don't understand why it was sooo hard, i had 4 pcs never had this big problem,)

COOLER :artic 12CO
motherboard :asrockH81M-HDS

Dec 21, 2019
After sooo many HOURS trying to put the cooler in finally finally i fixed it, i don't know why but the pins weren't coming in, thank you all for helping me, btw the problem was not mounting correctly the cooler(but i don't understand why it was sooo hard, i had 4 pcs never had this big problem,)

COOLER :artic 12CO
motherboard :asrockH81M-HDS
I can also say that the old cooler was broken after the fall