Question Help me with a very inconsistent and strange system crash issue

D4rkParadise7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
Greeting, as the title says I have an system issue that start bother me more and more and I just cant identify and pin point the reason... at least not in a way to make sense... The system is quiet new I build it on the mid of November 2022 and has the following specs:

[CPU] AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
[Motherboard] ASRock B550 Extreme4
[Memory] Corsair Vengeance RGB RT Gunmetal 16GB 2x8GB 3600MHz
[SSD] Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
[Cooler] Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R
[GPU] ASRock RX 6700 XT Challenger D OC
[PSU] Corsair HX 750W

Now the issue manifest like this... PC dead freezes yet sounds still work as an example, if I am on discord call I can still hear others for a time or music on spotify. but the PC is dead frozen have to rest it from button. Not running any OC, The only tweak I have is CPU PBO2 set on -30 on all cores and on GPU a small undervolt and a custom fan curve... did stress tested the PC with OCCT and GPU with Furmark for hours when I built it and now recently and nothing, cant make the issue happen on my own terms and temps are all nice and low .... and not to say the issue itself is very inconsistent and only trace of it is thanks to Windows Event Viewer where I have it as an "Event 41, Kernel Power" for being a sudden system interruption so yea not helpful... tried to use blue screen viewer with the hope maybe it is some form of BSOD and have a log for it but nothing... and there is nothing that I can find so I can try and pin point the reason...

And when I say inconsistent I mean that first time when happened was once on end of November .... never for the hole month of December, two time in January, and now once today on 13th February.... and my activity on PC is like 80% of time playing Final Fantasy XIV and other then that scrolling the internet and playing other games now and then....

Now on the latest crash It was during when I was playing Final Fantasy XIV and if I try to recall the others crashes they might as well been when playing it.... but I find it hard to believe is the game, like it barely has any usage over the PC not to say is way to random to be the culprit by my logic since I play it for hours too and it randomly happens one day out of nowhere and crash..... Recently I was also playing Hogwarts Legacy and that game like to make heavy usage of the hole PC... played it on other days for the hole day and nothing no crash or any issue....

So I am kind of out of ideas on how to find the issue since not having much to work with, maybe someone else has an idea on what to try or check I would be grateful.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
[PSU] Corsair HX 750W
This PSU is ~3 months old?

What OS are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? As for the SSD, might want to try and install the OS onto another physical drive(not the Samsung 980 Pro) and see if the issue persists.

D4rkParadise7

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
[PSU] Corsair HX 750W
This PSU is ~3 months old?

What OS are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? As for the SSD, might want to try and install the OS onto another physical drive(not the Samsung 980 Pro) and see if the issue persists.
Running Windows 11 and Yes PSU is 3 months old, everything was new when I built the PC, also I run the latest Bios for the motherboard. And for SSD I will keep the idea of trying to install the OS on another drive as a last resort since I don`t have another drive on me at the moment....