Question Help me with monitor pick: 1080p, 24", IPS, <200$

bokac91

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hey folks, need some help!
I'm about (for real this time) to buy a new monitor after more than 10 years, and I need some guidance!

So far I found DELL P2417H looking pretty decent, but I'm still not sure. Any other suggestions are appreciated. Here it goes:

1. Location: Serbia
  2. Planning to use for: programming (~8h a day), light MMO/MOBA gaming (few hours a week), watching TV shows/movies (TL;DR: all-around monitor)
  3. Preferred resolution & size: 1920x1080 & 24" (my PC is not good enough for anything better and I don't want 27" screen)
  4. Refresh rate: 60-75hz (not more than that, reason above)
  5. Looking to spend: ~$200 (monitors in Serbia cost 15-20% higher than USA or anywhere else pretty much)
  6. Brands preferred: Samsung/ASUS/ACER/DELL/LG (just looking for the best one tbh)
  7. Amount of monitors: 1
  8. GPU & stuff: GeForce GTX 750Ti (planning to upgrade in the future, don't know when)
  9. Port of choice: I'm actually not sure about this one
  10. Importance: primary display
Thanks!

EDIT: Preferred site for purchasing: http://www.itsvet.com/ (press ALT+S to search)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
What is your preferred site for purchase? I could've fired up a shortlist from PCPartPicker using your budget(based off of America, due to your use of currency) but due to the way imports and taxes work, that would not work. A preferred site for purchase will also help us understand the sort of monitors you have access to.