[SOLVED] Help me with mounting Corsair's H115i AIO pump latch on to AMD CPU

aah1357

Honorable
Jun 2, 2016
So, I have tried twice to land the AIO's pump directly on the CPU without it moving. Both times I failed. Why? When I try to hook in the clips (latches) to the plastic side-brackets, the pump's baseplate glides all over the place on the CPU surface (and in the process causing the thermal paste to disperse unevenly). I was wondering if any of you guys knows a trick as to how I can circumvent this? Next to Intel's, this is a really poor design IMO. Anyway, many thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
So, I have tried twice to land the AIO's pump directly on the CPU without it moving. Both times I failed. Why? When I try to hook in the clips (latches) to the plastic side-brackets, the pump's baseplate glides all over the place on the CPU surface (and in the process causing the thermal paste to disperse unevenly). I was wondering if any of you guys knows a trick as to how I can circumvent this? Next to Intel's, this is a really poor design IMO. Anyway, many thanks.
A little sliding around is actually a good thing as long as it's staying flat on the CPU, helps spread tim. Just hold pump down during latching so it doesn't lift up. If you don't have too much paste it will not spill around.
A little sliding around is actually a good thing as long as it's staying flat on the CPU, helps spread tim. Just hold pump down during latching so it doesn't lift up. If you don't have too much paste it will not spill around.

Solution