Help me with my IP adress problem

Rockfromlt

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hello everyone.
I have been using the same Internet Providers for about 5 year, im happy about it and so on. My IP adress has allways been external. About 2 years ago, after reinstalling my windows, (I am using and used before reinstalling windows7) my IP adress started to work as it wouldn't be external. I couldn't host servers and stuff like that anymore. I tried turning off firewall, few other tricks but nothing changed. When I look information about my IP adress ,most of the sites see it as external. Also, when I call my interned providers, they tell me that they see my adress as external. Its really anoying.
Some details :
-Internet is provided by a cable (not using telephone, TV or something else from those internet dealers)
-I am alone using this internet, no one else is connected to it.
-

What I'm asking :
Is there any possibility to fix it, maybe do something in firewall or something.

If you need any details, ask.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
So you want your computer to be able to be accessible via the "external" WAN IP given to you by your cable company ISP?

Do you have a router hooked up into their cable modem or straight from modem to your PC? What is the model of the cable modem? What IP does your computer currently have?

(Start - RUN (Use the search box after hitting the start button with win 7) type in CMD and hit enter and then in the black dialogue box, type in "ipconfig" without the quotes and hit enter. Just get the primary network adapter IP Address)

Rockfromlt

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
My internet cable goes to a gateway and from it directly to my computer.

-my IP adress is 85.232.150.175. It was never changed.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
So your computer still receives the IP address from your cable gateway, the local computer is using this address and then a site like http://www.whatismyip.com is reporting back to you the same #'s? Do you have ip in your NIC properties configured static or is it all DHCP/Automatic?

Also, unless your configured to block WAN Ping on purpose, I'm unable to send ping requests, or its not responding i should say.

Is this windows XP or Win Vista/7?

If Win7, are you on a public or private network configuration (Home/Work/Private) are the choices