[SOLVED] Help me with my MSI Z77A-GD65

Nov 21, 2020
Yo, something is wrong with my MSI Z77A-GD65. When i start the computer i get stuck at a black screen with the message A0 in the bottom right corner (i know what A0 means). When i try to enter bios it freezes at "Entering setup". I've tried switching bios with the multi bios option, clearing cmos, resetting the motherboard, changing the cmos battery and more. Can anyone help me or is the motherboard just broken.

Solution
I think you were referring to your i7 as the K suffix, 3770.

You have a 14 year old PSU in your system? That unit will most likely not be able to output power to all your components in your system. Got a link to the ram you're using? Which slots are the sticks of ram populating? Per your motherboard's manual, you should be populating slots 2 and 4.

In any case, breadboard the system(with bare minimum hardware) and use just one stick of ram(in slot 2) and see if you get to BIOS without the discrete GPU.

You're going to have to also borrow a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor that can deliver 650W of power to the entire system.
Nov 21, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information. Please state the specs to your build and include the age of the PSU, apart from the make and model of the unit. What OS are you working off of?

Specs are MSI Z77A-GD65, GTX 680, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LP, Barracuda 200gb, I7 3370k and the PSU is a Corsair HX620w (looks like its from 2006). And i haven't downloaded an os yet, im just trying to enter the bios at first.

Lutfij

Titan

You have a 14 year old PSU in your system? That unit will most likely not be able to output power to all your components in your system. Got a link to the ram you're using? Which slots are the sticks of ram populating? Per your motherboard's manual, you should be populating slots 2 and 4.

In any case, breadboard the system(with bare minimum hardware) and use just one stick of ram(in slot 2) and see if you get to BIOS without the discrete GPU.

You're going to have to also borrow a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor that can deliver 650W of power to the entire system.

Solution
Nov 21, 2020

I tried starting it with the integrated graphics and only one ram stick, still gives me A0 but doesn't get me further. I also forgot to mention that i have tried the same PSU with another system (An FX processor and the same gtx680) and that worked fine. Do you still think it can be the PSU?