Help me with my PSU.

Bubun Karmakar

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I'm not sure of what Power Supply Unit to buy with my new Rig as I don't know the exact power consumption of my whole rig.

Help me with this:-

Processor- AMD FX 8350 (consumes 125 Watts)

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

RAM- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)

HDD- WD Caviar Green 1 TB (WD10EXRX)

Optical Drive- ASUS DRW-24B5ST DVD Burner

Graphics Card- Power Color AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5

Cabinet cooler- Deepcool XFAN120L/R

Processor Cooler- Deepcool ALTA 9

I'm not sure of what PSU to buy.
Is Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU enough for my system?

Solution
Seasonic all the way. You could plug your system in one of the webs many psu calculators to see your wattage. Newegg has a simple but good one. Your cpu will suck a TON of juice under heavy load with your gpu doing the opposite, but you want to plan for the future also. 620w unit should suit you well.
Seasonic all the way. You could plug your system in one of the webs many psu calculators to see your wattage. Newegg has a simple but good one. Your cpu will suck a TON of juice under heavy load with your gpu doing the opposite, but you want to plan for the future also. 620w unit should suit you well.

Solution

Bubun Karmakar

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Alright, thanks for the help buddy. This should accelerate my electricity bill. :(
Anyways, gotta deal with it.
620 Watts. Okay thanks again.
Will there be any heating issues?

Not likely. Seasonic continues to build the most reliable, most efficient psus on the market. I have the 620w modular unit running a 3770k at 4.5ghz, 32gb memory, 2x SSDs a 3TB HD, 660s in SLI, h2o kit, fans, lights, etc and haven't had a single hiccup. I mainly use the 520w units on my bench, in my Folding@Home rigs and in every workstation I sell. Never had an issue and I have used many brands in the past. Rest assured, you can't go wrong with them.

Sraggetty

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013

it should work but not well:/
buy a larger one to futureproof it. :)

Latest posts