Help me with my RAM performance issues!

Spinnah

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hey all!
About a week ago, I started having massive issues with my RAM usage spiking as high as 90% whilst just browsing chrome (usually a twitch stream or youtube video).
I currently run 8gb of ddr3 (kingston I believe).
Here's a screenshot of my task manager showing performance and my other info for my pc, all I have open in chrome is a stream, this thread, and puush
https://puu.sh/wpWnz/1d6ebb0e3c.png
I've run diagnostics to see if any ram is failing, I've done malwarebytes and windows defender scans, I've attempted to lower antimalware service executable's usage but to no avail.
What is wrong? Do I need more ram? I built this computer in early 2016 and didn't expect to run into ram issues of all things this early.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Spinnah

Solution
1. Right click on the Start button > Click Run > Type msconfig (or in Cortana Search type msconfig) click the Startup tab > and disable unnecessary processes leaving ticked only the antivirus and other security apps > click Apply > Accept and close msconfig. If in doubt, take a screenshot of msconfig and upload the image so we can see what you have running in the Windows startup

2. In the Run command or search bar type: %temp% > and press Enter > in the temp folder that opens, delete all files and folders.

3. Restart the computer... allow a few minutes after the desktop opens, and check the Task Manager again.

4. If there's no difference: Take a screenshot of all processes running in the Task Manager processes tab. You'll...
1. Right click on the Start button > Click Run > Type msconfig (or in Cortana Search type msconfig) click the Startup tab > and disable unnecessary processes leaving ticked only the antivirus and other security apps > click Apply > Accept and close msconfig. If in doubt, take a screenshot of msconfig and upload the image so we can see what you have running in the Windows startup

2. In the Run command or search bar type: %temp% > and press Enter > in the temp folder that opens, delete all files and folders.

3. Restart the computer... allow a few minutes after the desktop opens, and check the Task Manager again.

4. If there's no difference: Take a screenshot of all processes running in the Task Manager processes tab. You'll probably have take a couple or more screenshots and paste them together to get a full picture of what's running.

EDIT: Better yet, run Security Taskmanager and upload a screencapture of it's scan results.
https://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/

Solution