help me with SCSI ID and scanner

I have a problem setting up the Agfa DuoScan HiD scanner. Ive installed the driver it came with, but the computer won't recognize the scanner. It connects via SCSI cable. I have tried setting every SCSI ID number on the scale (theyre settable on the scanner), and turning the scanner on before and after the computer, but no matter what I do, I get this message:

-------------------------------
Make sure you installed the necessary drivers for your SCSI board.
Check all cables and connections and make sure the power switch is
turned on. Also verify that a unique SCSI ID is assigned to each device
and that the SCSI chain is terminated at the first and last device on the scsi cable.

STI driver installation
Driver successfully installed

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 0 (STI)

NT SCSI driver installation
Driver successfully installed

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 0 (atapi)

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 1 (atapi)

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 2 (si3112r)

32 bit ASPI driver installation
Driver successfully installed

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 0 (ATAPI)

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 1 (ATAPI)
SCSI ID 00 - CD-ROM

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 2 (SI3112R)
SCSI ID 00 - DISK

Could not find an Agfa scanner on host adapter 3 (SI3112R)

32 bit ASPI driver installation
WNASPI32.DLL initialization failed.

EPP2 driver installation
SCNDRVxx.DLL initialization failed.

RPC driver installation
Not supported

i have no idea what any of it means! Can someone translate it to normal english to me? Does it mean my system is lacking something? What am I doing wrong?

Unlike USB, SCSI is definitely not hot-swapable. Turn the PC off. Plug in
the SCSI cable to the scanner. Turn the scanner on BEFORE the PC. Then,
turn the PC on.

You may also need XP-specific drivers and/or XP-specific software to run the
scanner, separate from the drivers. Check the scanner manufacture's website
for drivers and software. Also, check for the genral subject of XP
compatibility. Some older hardware has zero XP support, and the
manufacturer's usually are willing to be honest about that.