[SOLVED] Help me with this please

May 3, 2020
Ok so I have a dell optiplex 7010 with a i7-3770 and a integrated graphics card which is a intel hd 4000/12gb of ram and I wanted to upgrade it to something that could get me higher FPS in games like Fortnite, csgo and etc so could someone help me with this and i also don’t know if i have room for any type of cards
Here’s a link to a picture of the insides please experts help

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5m8EQIikv6-ezusd_ETch__DRXWfLQx

Solution
You'll Google a gtx1650 slim low profile. The Zotac is @ 160mm long, Gigabyte/msi almost 170mm long, so as long as you have that space from the back of the pc in clearance, it'll work. You'll use the blue slot, but the small square card inside must be moved down to the long black slot on the bottom of the motherboard.

Other than that, you have limited options solely due to the size of the case, and what's already in it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2 things.
1)Measure the distance between the 2 points below. This will determine the length of cards that will fit.
CF2RM5G.jpg

2)Without replacing the power supply, your options are limited to the GTX 1650 Super and Radeon RX 570.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok. To start, you don't have a seperate card for graphics, windows just makes it look that way. What you really have is just a cpu which has a little section inside it for integrated graphics. Do not try and remove that, it will create all kinds of headaches.

A discrete gpu is an add-in physical card, like the card beneath the blue slot. With the way your pc motherboard is setup, you'll need to use the black slot, which restricts you to single slot gpus. Common with those smaller pre-built pcs.

If it will physically fit, This gpu is the best you can hope for unless you get extremely lucky and find a Gtx1070 Katana for sale. Otherwise you are pretty limited to a nvidia GT1030 or AMD Rx550 for single slot graphics.

2)Without replacing the power supply, your options are limited to the GTX 1650 Super and Radeon RX 570.
Did you guys miss the part where there appears to be a 250 watt PSU in there? An RX 570 or GTX 1070 would probably not work so well. : P

Also, it appears to be a slim SFF case, so a low-profile card would probably be needed, unless they plan on getting a new case. A low-profile 1050 Ti or 1650 might work though.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nooo lol. That's a WLAN card. Looks like OP might have just gotten lucky, normally it's the bottom slot (black) that's x16 and the top slot that's x16 (wired as x4) and shares bandwidth with the pcie x1. In this mobo, the blue slot is the x16 and the black is the x4. So all that'd be required for use of something like a standard 1050ti mITX card would be to move the WLAN from its present x1 slot down to the x16(x4) blue slot.

From the looks, I was thinking this was the mini-tower, not the slim, but I could be wrong. There's like 3 different sizes, all with the same model number, the actual build is determined by the Dell serial code.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@Karadjgne
Gotcha. Geez, OEM boards...

Did you guys miss the part where there appears to be a 250 watt PSU in there? An RX 570 or GTX 1070 would probably not work so well. : P

Also, it appears to be a slim SFF case, so a low-profile card would probably be needed, unless they plan on getting a new case. A low-profile 1050 Ti or 1650 might work though.
I didn't miss that - it was the first thing I looked for, although I had to twist my head upside down to read it.
The low power cards would work with that. Anything stronger and I'd definitely say no.

May 3, 2020
Ok. To start, you don't have a seperate card for graphics, windows just makes it look that way. What you really have is just a cpu which has a little section inside it for integrated graphics. Do not try and remove that, it will create all kinds of headaches.

A discrete gpu is an add-in physical card, like the card beneath the blue slot. With the way your pc motherboard is setup, you'll need to use the black slot, which restricts you to single slot gpus. Common with those smaller pre-built pcs.

If it will physically fit, This gpu is the best you can hope for unless you get extremely lucky and find a Gtx1070 Katana for sale. Otherwise you are pretty limited to a nvidia GT1030 or AMD Rx550 for single slot graphics.
Ok thank you but I don’t see how to pruchase the card but I’ll look once again thank you I’ll still continue to look at this thread for more help

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You'll Google a gtx1650 slim low profile. The Zotac is @ 160mm long, Gigabyte/msi almost 170mm long, so as long as you have that space from the back of the pc in clearance, it'll work. You'll use the blue slot, but the small square card inside must be moved down to the long black slot on the bottom of the motherboard.

Other than that, you have limited options solely due to the size of the case, and what's already in it.

Solution