coolis79

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hello,
So I have a Gateway SX2802-01. The video chip is weak when it comes to gaming. I need some advise on what video card to purchase for the slim tower because I went out to Fry's and bought the ENGT 220 and it doesn't fit. Please someone help me.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
^ The case is too slim to fit even the gt220. I've seen the inards of a slim-type PC (HP slim workstation) and IMO, you cannot fit a video card inside unless you make some maneuvers inside. Not sure about this one.

coolis79

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Yeah I tried to maneuver, but the D-sub plug is the problem. It just kind of hangs and the way Gateway designed this tower is making my experience an unhappy one. There has to be a card that can fit. Theres a PCI connection to the motherboard so what do I do?

coolis79

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
To answer your question mfarrukh. The tower I have is slim. The video card slot on the motherboard is at the very top. The ENGT 220 has a HDMI, DVI and a D-sub plug in. Whats nice is that it came with two brackets. One that has all three plugs in a row and the other bracket is setup so that two plugs are on one row and the D-sub is above those two plugs. The problem is that when the card is placed into the motherboard the bracket is either to long or the D-sub hits the top of the computer. So I tried not to attach the D-sub to the braket but the D-sub doesn't reach the outside world. UURRGGHHH!!! What do I do?