Help! Mic won't stop looping...

Aurum9

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
I have a set of Cloud Revolver S headphones, and my microphone keeps looping back into my headset. I have the "listen to this headset" setting off and this happens independently of my system volume (however lowering the volume all the way down on the inline control panel turns it off). I've made no changes to the headset when this started and I never downloaded any programs or drivers or anything that could do this (I'm pretty sure this headset has no programs or drivers regardless). What's happening here, and how do I stop it? It's really annoying to me.

Solution
Does the following link match your headphone model?

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Revolver-Surround-HX-HSCRS-GM-NA/dp/B01N9RM9N3

Wiggling/twisting may identify a break or short within the cables. Not always effective and it may need just the "right" wiggle or twist to be found.

Or the problem could be a break or short inside the headset where you cannot wiggle or twist. Maybe gently press here and there. A shake or two might jiggle things into working again - only temporarily as the next shake could undo it all again.

Do not necessarily need a cause (a drop, a wire pull, stepped on, etc..) per se. May be due to some manufacturing defect and has failed per-maturely.

Keep experimenting. Detach the microphone, don't use the...

Ralston18

Titan
Try another set of headphones on your current audio device.

Try the Cloud S headphones on another audio device.

See if the problem stays with the current device or follows the headphones.

Gently wiggle and twist all wires and connectors on the Cloud S headphones. Listen to hear if the loop back is interrupted or stopped with some movement or twist.

Your objective is to narrow down the possible source of the problem.

Aurum9

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

The problem definitely follows the headphones.
-Tested other headset on PC = No mic loop
-Tested Cloud S on other device = Mic loop
-Wiggling/Twisting wires didn't cause any marked changes.
This is strange because I never changed any settings in the headset...this all started suddenly one day.
Now that we've pinpointed the source of the problem, what steps can I take to fix it?

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link match your headphone model?

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Revolver-Surround-HX-HSCRS-GM-NA/dp/B01N9RM9N3

Wiggling/twisting may identify a break or short within the cables. Not always effective and it may need just the "right" wiggle or twist to be found.

Or the problem could be a break or short inside the headset where you cannot wiggle or twist. Maybe gently press here and there. A shake or two might jiggle things into working again - only temporarily as the next shake could undo it all again.

Do not necessarily need a cause (a drop, a wire pull, stepped on, etc..) per se. May be due to some manufacturing defect and has failed per-maturely.

Keep experimenting. Detach the microphone, don't use the audio control box, use extension cables - might steady some plug related problem. Try some adapters as well. See if you can salvage some acceptable level of use.

Any warranty left? That would be the first thing to look into. See if you can obtain a replacement via the vendor or manufacturer.

Would not expect the headphones to be fixable: Most likely all glued together versus some sort of screws and snaps to permit being opened up.

Worth a look if you are up to doing such things or have a friend or family member who can help. Risk is losing any remaining warranty and/or having the headphones self-destruct if opened up for some repair attempt.

Solution