Question Help mismatch RAMs (?)

Aug 1, 2020
Hi, so 8gb of 16gb of my ram is being reserved. I tried the unticking of maximum memory and the auto manage paging file size but none seems to work for me.
Also tried plugging only one of the rams and i had problem booting on one of them. here (the one in slot 1 is the one having problem) is the snippet of my rams from speccy, idk if there's something i can do to fix this or do i just need to buy another ram?

Hi, so 8gb of 16gb of my ram is being reserved. I tried the unticking of maximum memory and the auto manage paging file size but none seems to work for me.
Also tried plugging only one of the rams and i had problem booting on one of them. here (the one in slot 1 is the one having problem) is the snippet of my rams from speccy, idk if there's something i can do to fix this or do i just need to buy another ram?
Exact reference of all your components.
And from you link, you are using 2 RAM sticks from different brands, and with different CAS latency.
I'm surprised that your computer even boots.
Basically it appears that it says that your RAM sticks are so different, that it can use only one, and puts the other one in reserve

Aug 1, 2020
here. I have a 16 CL configured in my memory (Memory tab from CPU-Z) and I thought a CL 15 RAM would work. The CL 15 RAM also causes my PC to not boot if its alone.
Thanks for the help!

here. I have a 16 CL configured in my memory (Memory tab from CPU-Z) and I thought a CL 15 RAM would work. The CL 15 RAM also causes my PC to not boot if its alone.
Thanks for the help!
Looking at the RAM section from the link you posted:
maybe it would be possible in the Bios to manually choose latency timings 17-17-39-55 with 2400 MHz speed.
This setting could eventually be supported by both RAM sticks

Aug 1, 2020
Yeah i was about to mention that, I noticed that it is still showing as 16-16-16-39-55 on CPU-Z , I wonder if Im doing something wrong in the BIOS, i also double checked the BIOS and it says 17-17-17-17-39-55 ( same with the picture i sent earlier).

Yeah i was about to mention that, I noticed that it is still showing as 16-16-16-39-55 on CPU-Z , I wonder if Im doing something wrong in the BIOS, i also double checked the BIOS and it says 17-17-17-17-39-55 ( same with the picture i sent earlier).
I'm not familiar with you Bios, but did you Save the new settings and Reboot after going in the bios ? There must be an option Save and Reboot in the bios

Aug 1, 2020
Yes i did the "save and reset" option, I just tried it again, it is still showing the same memory in CPU-Z and this time my PC repaired my C: drive and restarted again before booting. Maybe there's something wrong in the configuration and its forcing the default timings?