HELP! MOBO won't run unless pressing the power button permanently

Mar 29, 2018
my mobo is running good for two years now and it just fail on me yesterday, i just push the power button once and it turns on for a split of second. then i realize maybe it's just the ram but after seeing it, my ram's still in good condition. after doing it, i insert back my ram then turning on the mobo again. i found out that the mobo runs continuously while i'm holding the power button permanently and when i'm going to hold it off it automatically shuts down. does anyone in here can help about this problem? my English is not that good though i hope you'll understand what i'm saying. Thanks in advance.

gataga

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
there are cords that are connected from the power button to the motherboard remove and then reattach and retry if that doesn't work you probably have a faulty PSU for the MOBO to fail its a long shot.

Mar 29, 2018

my mobo is a BIOSTAR A70MGP VER. 6.2
i just bought a brand new PSU. i'ts a YUHOEXTEK switching power supply. i forgot to mention that i bought a brand new PSU after checking my ram.

Mar 29, 2018

i already did it sir but nothing happens. just like I said to Robert Ban i just bought a brand new PSU thinking that my old one is malfunctioning.